Teaching to Read with Phonograms

Hello everyone!

I found what looks to be a really great resource for teaching reading to young children at http://www.internationalparentingassociation.org/Materials/index.html.

I like this particular system because it is phonics based and it uses a sample word to show the specific phonogram in context. Unfortunately several of their links lead to a blank document. I was hoping that someone out there had the complete list of phonograms and words from this site (hoping that at some point they really were available!).

Thank you in advance!

Thanks for this link! I was able to download all of the pdf files. Here are the three phonogram files as well as the math diamonds file.

Great! Thanks for putting up the files!

Thanks! That’s a great resource. I already have the site bookmarked, but I haven’t been to it in a long time. Thanks for the reminder.

Thank you for posting the link and files. I’ve been concerned that the sight reading I am teaching will not be compatible with later phonetic learning. I think using such programs as YBCR along with the phonograms would make a great combination for reading development. Thanks again for the link.

I also had that site bookmarked and completely forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder! I’ll have to give it a try again