Teaching Memory Linking using LR

I noticed a recent increase in the interest of memory linking and other memory games. I know it can be challenging for parents not to know where to begin. What if as parents we created some community download memory files for LR? That way, unlike existing memory training software, the linking could be infinitely expanded. If anyone is interested in trying this out, we can create a separate thread for the actual creation on the General Collaborations board.

I’d love to hear more ideas on using LR for memory training or speed reading training, possibly by uploading audio with an increased tempo, I’m sure it’s not that difficult with the right software. I think it’s worth experimenting with and we can touch base with each other on what’s working and what isn’t.

-Memory Linking Stories
-Speed Reading
-Memory Flash
-Memory Grids

We can create matching smaller manipulative cards for these to print out, or just print the LR images 1/2 size for the child to put in the right order. Same with memory grids, using colored buttons or rocks or something. I have never seen the Wink program, but I think they may do something like that too?

I would lovwe to use LR for Memory Linking. I have the wink program and so far what I have used has been good. I am about to embark on the schishida book I ordered but I would love more easy techniques to have to teach right brain education.

I think your idea for using buttons would be great for the memory grid and I would love to have speed reading section in LR… I don’t think it would be that hard to create either.

Im all for it

Oh what great ideas! I think it would be vey useful to have them all in LR, we could do our words and then start strait on the memory games without mucking around with discs, opening programs and kids wandering off lost interest!
I would love it if the memory linking picture also had the word, but I don’t know if that would be counteractive to the right brain functioning? LR is well set up for memory linking stories, it wouldn’t be hard to do at all for anyone who has ever made a file with sound. I havnt as yet but I am sure I would have no trouble coming up with silly sentences for the pictures.
I can’t see how you would do flash memory, efficiently. Oh maybe flash 10 pictures, then show a blank screen and the last screen shot has the pictures or words to give the answers? It wouldn’t be self correcting is the only problem. More work for mums :slight_smile: it might work better if you printed the cards out and had kids select the ones that were flashed ( and or put in order the ones that were flashed)
Speed reading would be awesome too. I am completely clueless about how to do it but speeding up speech surely can’t be that hard? Perhaps we could start with the stories already in little reader?
Memory grids seems simple enough. Someone who has a home made set of pictures could just photograph the grids set up in many ways and load it as one reusable/multi game file, with a page to print the pictures?