Teaching languages - E-mail from Doman's Institute

I third the motion! It would be really helpful if you share how you did it, Sapna. Thank you!

Hi Autumn and qisdhi mom!

I’m sorry for the late reply, but I just got back from vacation.

What she meant by that is that you want to do the programs simultaniusly even though you keep the lessons separate. So for example you show the whole category in one language and later that day or the next day you show it in the other language. In our case the two core languages are English and Spanish, so I show my daughter certain playlists in English and then later that day I show her other categories in Spanish. Ideally I would like to show her the same categories, but I honestly have not had the time to translate all of them and the brain development was more important to us than the fact she was learning the same words in both languages. I’m hoping that the fact that we are showing her all the flash cards with pictures will help her conect the dots and realize that is the same thing but in a different language :blink: I have been translating all the words from YBCR videos, so she sees them during the same period of time she is watching certain volume. For German and Mandarin, it is a complete different story since we don’t speak the languages and don’t have enough materials. However, we do every Monday and Wednesday only materials in German (besides her regular English and Spanish) and Tuesdays and Thursdays only materials in Mandarin.

Please leet me know if I was not clear enough :unsure: or if you have any other questions.

Hope this helps a bit :smiley:

Thank you! :slight_smile: