Teaching Kindergarten Kids English

Teaching English to kindergarten kids at Aire English school. We have an extensive Kindy Kids program at the school incorporating colors, numbers, phonics, vocabulary, songs and listening activiyies. This is all taught using a fun student-centered methodology.

Hi,

where are you located?

helen

er do you mean where the people from the video or myself :wink:

You can find their details in this website if you are Japanese or can read Japanese

http://www.airegroup.jp/

Sorry thats all I can do for you, I dont understand Japanese…

I’m a new forum member. I’m 24 year old student of English and sociology at the Faculty of philosophy in Zagreb, Croatia. Soon, I’ll finish my studies and become a teacher of English and sociology. As an English teacher, I’m interested in teaching English to young lerners, especially in the early learning programs. I have an opportunity to start such a program with two groups of kindergarten kids, 4,5 to 5,5 years old and the older group of 5-7 year old children. I googled “teaching English to kindergarten kids” and that’s how I came across your forum, in search of materials and tips on how to start a program like that. I hope you could help me to get a clear picture on what kind of activities are appropriate for kids of that age. What should I try to teach them at this age? How do I start? Thank you.

Hi Rowena,

Since you are interested to become a teacher…there are many approaches or ways…One of the most invaluable “skill” you must have is " love children". If you can love children and have lots of patient , you can be a good teacher regardless of your background. I know some people have certain qualification e.g. degree and they think they are very good bcos they consider themselves highly educated. The sad thing is when a child could not respond to her, the teacher started to raise her voice at the child. To make it short, you can become a good teacher if you love working with children and have lots of patient. Some children are slow in learning so teacher must be very patient… Good luck to you.

Thanks for your answer Angmei. You said a crucial thing. The most important thing is to love children. I know I love them and I think that I am a patient person. I hope I’ll be able to teach them to love English as much as I do. :slight_smile: