Teaching Issues for my 6 month old

I am looking forward to teaching my 6 month old grandson Chanze to read, but I am having many issues.

My problems are getting him interested in what he is learning, getting a daily schedule together and what reading materials to start him on. I’ve read many articles and a few books regarding how I should teach him reading. For instances, some say to do 10 minutes intervals 3 times a day is sufficient, then I’ve read at 20 minutes intervals 2 times a day. This is all very new to me and confusing.

I would like to teach him on how to improve his mobility to become interested in sports and exercise at an early age.

Is there help out there for me?

Thanks.

Hi Chanze,

First thing to remember is that there are no hard and fast rules regarding teaching a baby to read, except one - keep it fun and joyful! As for the rest, they are all guidelines, suggestions, etc. Ultimately, do what you feel is most appropriate for your grandson, and be guided by him (like whether he is paying attention). This may change from day to day, month to month.

In case you didn’t know, our Little Reader system comes with a curriculum so you just need to press PLAY if you just want to follow something that’s already planned out. We schedule that for twice a day, and each session lasts between 5-10 minutes.

Regarding mobility, most important thing to do is to maximize tummy time, and encourage crawling (esp. cross-pattern crawling) as much as possible.

If you haven’t already done so, check out our articles on reading and physicality at www.brillbaby.com .