Teaching EK to bilingual kids

Some of you already know I’m raising my daughter bilingual. With numbers and words it seems to some extent manageble (very time consuming though), but with EK I’m not too sure… How do people teach EK when they are raising bilingual kids? Do you teach EK in both languages? Do you do one week one language and the next week the same information but in the second language? :confused:

I did ask texaslady22 (taught her son >2000 POI in English and >500 in Spanish). Her method is teaching the same information twice. She say a fact in English and then say it in the second language later on.

I think that you could let a greater distance (more than week) between the 2 languages, so the second time could be also like a repeatation for your daughter !?

Great question Joha!
Well, I have the same issue.
With EK, I do create my own, so for example with flags or wild animals, I’ll tell her in French. Recently I’ve been creating a lot of cards about native plants and animals of Australia, and I just could not get bothered to look up for the translation in English.
I figured that I’d make more sense for her to know those facts in English anyway. I have not started showing those yet, but my plan is to switch to English, tell her ‘And now I am going to show you some plants, and I will talk to you in English’
And as soon as the lesson is finished, back to French ‘And now we are talking in French’… so that she gets the concept of me switching languages.

Thank you to both! It makes sense to show it first in one language and then in the other. It sounds like a lot of work too!!! :ohmy: But it is definetly the only way you can do it if you want your kids to be completly bilingual and know how to read and write a language correctly. That is the other factor to take in consideration, kids may be able to learn how to speak a language, but if they are not expose to the written form the won’t know the proper way to read or write. :smiley: