teaching Chinese to 15 m. old ??/

alright, i’m starting from square one here and i need help and advise!
My dd is 15 m old and i want to teach her simplified chinese reading and speaking. I don’t speak any nor do i know anyone who does. I have LR chinese and we’ve been doing it for about a week but i realize that to really teach her ALONG with teaching her to read in english that i need A LOT more than just the LR.
I’ve come across Little Pim, Sing with Mei Mei, Baby Learns Chinese and Rosetta stone, online, but i don’t know really how great they are. Little pim in the clips doesn’t seem to show the characters very large, Baby Learns i think with totally bore my toddler and Rosetta stone seems to be for older kids. I really feel like a need a course as i don’t have time to spend forever surfing through you tube.
i’ve put an add for a chinese speaking babysitter, but to no avail and i can only afford a couple of hours a week anyway.

SOOOOOoooooo…Tips? Suggestions? Absolute do’s and don’ts? Anything…

thanks!

Yes, it can be more challenging for a non-native speaker to be teaching a language like Chinese. We will be producing translations of the words and picture audio phrases in the near future to help you at least know what’s being said.

For now, I would say this:

• You don’t need to understand the language or interact when showing the word flash and picture flash lessons. The key is just to let them watch it for those few seconds to let them absorb the visual and audio data so they start having more exposure to the language as well as start having an association between the characters and pronunciations.

• During multisensory lessons, you still should be able to do a fair amount of interaction with her as it will be obvious what word is being shown. So help her perform actions, feel her parts of the body, etc. when you can. Try to repeat the word/characters yourself too to reinforce what she just heard (and so that there’s some feedback from you).

thanks for the tips :slight_smile: