Teaching ASL....What's next after BST & ST?

I am trying to sign up for the next class at the adult education center (ASL 1). DD has mostly mastered the Baby Signing Time and Signing Time Series. Is there something else similar that we can do with her next? Short of me taking a class and teaching her what I learn, I don’t know how else to teach her more. I am pretty lousy at learning via youtube or whatever, I am looking forward to learning sentences, grammar, etc, and not just random vocabulary.

What other ASL DVD’s/resources are out there?

My kids and I liked the “Say It With Sign” series (also has been rebranded “Sign Language Made Easy” for the DVD version). It introduces basic grammar, vocabulary and gives lots of fingerspelling practice.

I have also heard “Signing Naturally” is a good resource. This is the textbook and video used in ASL classes, so they assume you are getting more vocab and grammar in class.

If you live in the US both of these series are available through interlibrary loans at most libraries; if you aren’t already familiar just ask your librarian. It might also be worth checking for availability in Canada.

Check out your local deaf centre, they may have lots materials for you to check out. Ours even has a lending library

lifeprint.com

Signing Time has a new project on Kickstarter called Signing Time Sentences. In it, Rachel and teenagers Alex and Leah will teach kids how to put all the signs they’ve been learning into sentences with ASL grammar. It is 100% funded with 2 hours to go. If you are looking for a next step, check out Signing Time Sentences.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/twolittlehands/signing-time-sentences-asl-grammar-and-phrases-vol

Wow! That sounds great :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing!!