SWISS MOM - NEW !

Hi, :biggrin:

I’m also new “brillparent”…

I discovered Doman’s methods about 2-3 month ago, actually looking for something totally different on the net.

I’m so glad I did ! :yes:

I ordered the book “How to teach your baby to read” to be hopefully able to teach my son, Theo, who is going to be 2 years old in 10 days.

I also have two stepdaughters (5 1/2 and almost 9 years old). Both of them have HUGE speaking and reading/writing problems ! The biggest one lives at our house since last July, we worked very hard together and it’s going much better now. But I would have loved them to be much younger or better, me to have found theses methods and your website so much earlier to help them more efficiently !!!

Ohhhhh well, I can’t change that but I hope that my little one will be able to learn some of these difficult school skills during this important period (until he turns 5 yo)…

We live in Switzerland ! That’s exotic, isn’t it !?! :nowink:

In this part of the country, we are speaking French but I was born in Germany. I’ve been talking to my son in German since birth and now also showing him German flashcards since almost a month. With the rest of the family and our friends we speak only French, so Theo is living in a bilingual environment.

Browsing around on your website and some others I decided to teach him English too… as far as I can. Please don’t look at my spelling mistakes :wub: !

Well, that’s a small report on our lives that are going to change for sure thank’s to you all !

Have a nice day and I’m looking forward meeting you !

Bye !

hi! welcome to the forum.i am glad to see you here.i found this forum very
interesting and informative.you can ask any question that you wish to know,
more about .all the members here are ready to help,and share your experiences
too. hope to hear more from you…

Hello and welcome to this fantastic forum!

I look forward to getting to know you better and reading your posts. Please feel free to browse around. Also please feel free to join your country of origin board, This will help you get connected with other like minded parents from your country but also give you a place where you can talk freely about issues related to early education, and activites in which you may be able to get your child/ren involved in

Kimba15

Ps Your English is great.

Hi and welcome to the forums. It’s great to have you here! Feel free to browse the forums and add to any discussions that interest you. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help getting around. We hope to hear more from you soon!
Nikki

Thank you for your replies !!!

This site really seams to be fun, I’d love to have more time…

I have to go teach Theo some German !

Have a nice day.

Hi, I’m new to the site too. Your English is excellent. If you or anyone else would like any English pronunciations, please just ask. I’d be happy to help.

My husband was born in Germany but adopted by an American military family. They moved to the states when he was 3. He took 4 years of German in high school and was president of the German club. He remembers quite a bit. I was born here in the United States but both sides of my family immigrated from Germany. I took 2 years of German in college. We would like to teach our twin girls German. . .at least the basics.