Suzuki Parent blog

Hi Everyone!

I just started to blog about our journey with the Suzuki method, we have been taking lessons for 3 years now. I would like to hear from other Suzuki parents, and if you have a blog let me know, I would love to check it out.

http://suzukiingaapassionforparenting.blogspot.com/

Thanks!!

Hi,

I am a suzuki parent too. I touched a bit about Suzuki violin in my blog, but my blog, is written, mainly like telling stories and talking to my daughter, something for her to read… when she older.

Here is a blog from a Suzuki violin teacher that I follow:

http://teachsuzuki.blogspot.com/2011/05/june-practice-challenge-twinkles.html

Have a nice day.

Hello Reei,

Thanks for the note! I have checked your blog and the blog you suggested. My blog is pretty recent so I have a couple of posts but lots of ideas that I would like to share with other fellow Suzuki parents or parents who are considering to enroll their children in the program. I think that a parents perspective is always helpful.
I hope you find my blog interesting. How long have you been practicing with your daughter?, what is your experience so far with the Suzuki program? I would love to hear your opinion on this!

Thanks!
FlashMom11

Hi Flashmom11,

Oh, we started since my daughter turned 2 and well that is a good 9 months now. I love the suzuki program and I am so glad I started this journey, not just about teaching my daughter violin, but also teaches me how to be a suzuki parent and the ups and downs. The first 2 months were good, then she get tired of it, and it was disastrous, then she pick up, performed at recital, not the whole Twinkle , just the first line,… and she like the violin ever since.

Reei

Great! That is actually the most important thing in the beginning, that the child loves and feels comfortable with the instrument. You started quite early in the program, we were told that 3 years old is the earliest they teach the kids. Your daughter must be ahead with milestones as, especially with violin, requires a LOT of hand-eye coordination.

I hope we can keep in touch!