supplemental BrillKids Reader Suggestions?

Hello!

I have been using BrillKids with my son for months now - but recently we have not been as consistent. The computer is not as accessible as the TV and he is not as excited about it, but we will continue to do it. I LOVE BrillKids. I would like to purchase something else to support more words for our little guy. We have TREND and Target flashcards.

Does anyone have experience with Preschool Prep or Your Child Can Read DVDS? These are the two I am looking at. I am also open for other suggestions of other things you have done in addition to BrillKids.

Thank you so much!!

Kirby

Hello Kirby,

I am new with Little Reader but I also use it with You baby can read dvds. When I first start You baby can read and Little reader, he didn’t like it immedialty (less funny than baby einstein numbers that he let him watch before). But after a few tries, he likes them. Also what I like with the dvd is that I can let him watch it when I am busy with housework, it doesn’t require my participation.
I can’t tell if my baby is learning or not for the moment because we start it not long ago. But at least, it won’t make any bad :smiley:

I’ve been using Raz-Kids by Learning a-z. I love it.

We really love MonkiSee. While the DVDs are great, the physical flash cards are where you will get the most bang-for-your-buck as far as supplemental material is concerned. While my older kids liked the flashcards from YBCR well enough, having a picture on the other side makes the MonkiSee cards a clear win. If you are looking for more off-screen time, I would suggest the MonkiSee flashcards, they are very high quality.

We love Preschool Prep, having only experience with “Meet the Sight Words”. These are great because it will help them learn their sight-words quickly, and from there, almost every sentence will have at last one or two familiar words, so they can start reading any book with you, you just fill in the words that they don’t know. This worked great with the LR books as my 3rd was learning to read them.

I also love “Your Child Can Read.” YCCR has more of a phonetic approach with the idea that a child’s foundation was with sight words, so it’s a perfect addition to your library.

All are good. We use all of them. It’s just a matter of deciding what you can afford, what you will reasonably use, and how much time you have to dedicate to it. TweedleWink and Sparkabilities are also worth looking at.