Success

So about 2 weeks ago we really started our program. We have been doing words, math dot cards and continents. Today she read cat several times as well as doing the sign for flower as I showed the card and then she said Asia for the continent of Asia card.

I am jumping for joy!!!

Congratulations!

How do you teach her geography? Do you teach her the cards just like a photo of e.g. flower?

nice!!!
congratulation for your baby :laugh:
ed

I wasn’t sure how to teach it either but got wonderful advice here. So we started with just the continents. I show her the shape of the single continent on a bit card and say Asia. Etc. I did all the Continents at once everytime because she doesn’t mind and it’s easier. I am going to use the site that was posted here to print a jumbo map, so I can show her where those are on the world map. Next we are doing countries.

Congratulations!!Good job mom…

Congrats! Karma to your daughter!! :laugh:

I hadn’t thought about using that map site for that, great idea! Karma to you! :wink:

Geography is going really well she ALWAYS wants to do it! We will be moving on to countries next.

That’s awesome! Keep up the good work, and KUP! :slight_smile:

Good job mom! Isn’t it great when your baby starts to show signs that they have learned and all your hard work paid off? Those are the moments we look forward to and when it happens we know we are doing the right thing. Keep it up and your child will thank you later for it. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Congrats!! This is a very rewarding time for both of you:) Keep up the great work :slight_smile:

Congrats and keep up the good work! I’m waiting for my time to come when my little daughter shows her stuff. :slight_smile:

It is difficult to be a 100% sure, but I think my dd read the word ‘wave’ today. I held up the card and she started moving her arms around about the same time I said wave. So, maybe she read it, and then maybe she was just really fast to get her arms moving. Nonetheless I am happy that all this work might actually be making progress.

would it be too confusing to show a world map with various continents highlighted so your child knows the relationship of the continents to others on a world map (once you’ve shown them the outlines continents individually) - to expand their knowledge?

Congrats! Good job! I’m more inspired to do this! Thank you for sharing this with us. :yes: