Stuck with EL

I am beginning to feel that I am getting stuck with EL with my twins. They are 21 months old now. I don’t have much time, so we do some reading in Spanish with Wink to Learn and LR (once or twice a day, and I read to them at bed time, of course), LR for English, LMus and LM (once)… from time to time we watch Sparkabilities… but my feeling is that we are not progressing as fast as at the beginning, when they were 12 months old. There are so many things to teach that I honestly don’t know where to start and how to do it… It also seems that in English there are many more resources than in Spanish, and I would like to focus their reading and EK in Spanish…

I’m feeling quite lost. And there’s also the “no testing” issue. They used to like performing but now it is impossible to get an answer, especially for reading, so I gave up completely some months ago, I never ask them to read a word for me. I have absolutely no idea of their progress.

Could you give me some ideas in order to progress with EL in general? Should I be doing anything else? Sorry for being so vague! :confused:

I imagine you are busy so whatever you add needs to be short time wise.
I am thinking something along the lines of fact of the day. Select one thing to teach them each day and weave it into your day to day activities. Aim for encyclopaedic knowledge. For instance maybe you might choose to teach them about insects. On Monday you show them different types of insects in a book, Tuesday you show them how many legs they have, Wednesday show them the three body parts, Thursday find some in the garden and talk about habitiat, Friday count some insects, Saturday review the book talking about what you learnt this week. Sunday well lets face it with twins you are bound to need a catch up day! lol during the week show them all the words in Spanish as you go.
The idea is to build their knowledge of the world around them one topic at a time, weave your math and reading into it and work of the children’s interests. Maybe they love trains, or monkeys, or the weather…
Continue doing what you are doing already as it is a solid base. Doing in something like this will give you purpose to your days and you will feel like you are teaching them something at least. IMPUT IMPUT IMPUT sometimes its hard to see the IMPUT youa re doing when you do it so often it becomes routine. You are doing plenty already :slight_smile:

lol Thank you Mandabplus3 for your (always) good suggestions, I will try to focus more on EK while reading, counting, etc. The Universe will be my project for next week!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Lita-Lita

Check think link above for an awesome Spanish resource. Its worth the money. Her stuff is easily adaptable. I just laminate all of it. For cut and paste activities, I just laminate and put velcro stickies on each item so my LO can take them down and put them back up himself. She gives you a Spanish copy and an English copy for ever item you purchase which is such a nice bonus. It might be a little more labor intensive than you want, or it might be a good fit.

Thank you cokers4life… lots of resources there, I will check them in detail.