stop rolling over

I talked to the institute about my 10 mo. old baby with Down syndrome. They recommended the inclined floor, because my baby isn’t going forward and rolls everywhere. I asked how I could get her to stop rolling. They said there is equipment like a vest that constrains them from crawling, but couldn’t give me any more info on the phone. Does anyone have any experience with this? We built the inclined floor and she is doing well on it, but still spend alot of floor time and rolls everwhere to get what she wants. We can’t afford the institute at this time. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Wendy, mama to 12

I did that with my girl because she was not crowling, I gonna see if I find the video for you

here are the videos, my girls has no problem at all, but really help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gc4RLAQ8v8

they explane how it works in the book how smart is your baby.
I holp that help you

We already have the inclined floor and are using it. What I’m inquiring about is the equipment that the institute has to keep the child from rolling. Are you familiar with it. I remember her saying it was some type of vest. I’m hoping someone can give me a picture or sell a used one. Thanks.

I have not used the vest with my Williams Syndrom child, she did not have the problem of rolling to get what she wanted. I do remember the vest they showed in the course though, it had an X made of PVP piping over the child’s back with straps sewn into place to prevent much wiggling of the piping. The four ends of the piping had a downturned 90 piece of piping that would get jammed against the floor (hopefully out of the way of your child’s hands and such) if the child tried to roll with the vest on. I cannot tell you the proper dimensions for the piping or anything, but I do know that you can use it in combination with the inclined floor/crawling track, so make sure that it will fit on your child and fit within the crawling track.