Stimulating your newborn!!

Hi Everyone

I was recently faced with the issue of which Doman books to buy.
Unfortunately, in South Africa where we live, these books are not available in our local bookshop, and the import duties, shipping and conversion make each book super expensive! I decided to start with “How smart is your baby”, “How to multiply your baby’s intelligence”, “How to teach your baby to read”, nd “how to teach your baby to swim”.

I would HIGHLY recommend all these books. A a new or pregnant mom, it is worrying to know exactly what to do to stimulate your baby and each precious moment gone by, is a moment which we can’t get back. Moreover, in “how smart is your baby”, they talk of your baby’s brain “pruning” which means that if parts are not used, they simply “die off” and that’s that! “How smart is your baby” provides excellent ways to stimulate your baby. I have been actively following the program. and I have to say that I can definitely see a difference in the development of my baby copared with other friends’ babies who have not been following this program (albeit that each baby does develop at different times). She is now 8 weeks old, super alert, and loves to look at the flash cards which I made her from the book “How to teach your baby to read”. The “how to multiply your baby’s intelligence” is really a summary of all the books. However, it does not go into detail of “step 0” which is needed for a newborn. The individual books (such as How to teach your baby to read) does that.

So in summary, if you’re wondering which books to buy, I would recommend as a starter, buy the abovementioned books. The Encyclopedic knowledge and maths gets taught once the reading program gets started, and so the abovementioned books are the sessential ones to get your started.

We have also been trying the tips and techniques in the swimming book, although I must say it’s winter now and even getting into the bach with her is sometimes a mission and cold!

Best of luck all pregnant and new mommies!