Still Seeing Spots

I have been showing my kids quantities with red dots in PowerPoint. I have the slides appear for 3 seconds and I say the number (no numerals used) so it just goes from one red dot slide to another. The problem I am having is that I can still see a residual image of the previous slide; like when you stare at something and close your eyes but can still see it :wacko: . I hope this makes sense. I am wondering if this is affecting how my kids perceive the quantities on the slides. Is 3 seconds a good amount of time to show the slides? Should I slow down and show the slides for longer giving the eye time to adjust? Or would a different color scheme reduce this affect? TIA

Actually, you should show them as fast as possible. Under a second, preferably. Your kids will get bored fast if you continue to show dots that slow, and kids are supposed to be able to learn more if they are shown faster.

And for you to be able to see the after-image means you have a good connection b/t your left and right brain! I think you will find that if you show them faster, you will not have the after-image.

Hello Twinergy,

The problem may be with your monitor/LCD. I advice you to try to run your poweproint slideshows on a different PC, or at least, use a different monitor.

Hope this will help. :slight_smile: