Starting YBCR at 2 1/2 years old

I consider as most of us here that it is better late than never in starting to teach your child to read at an early age. I have no doubts on LR because it has many variations and you can personalized it but I would like to know your experience about using YBCR program (DVD) starting at this this age. I have the idea that it will be to boring for my grandson that is that age and it will be excellent for babies up to 12 months.
I will appreciate your comments.

I don’t know, you can try it and see. My experience was that I pretty much expected for the video to be boring for my son (15 months) so I gave it 2 weeks to see what his response was. It took him that long to learn to sit through the DVD, and now that we are 2 weeks into it I wonder whether he will last another week on the starter DVD, I am thinking we may start to alternate between Volume One and the starter. I think the recommended viewing schedule is for in arms babies. I estimated that each word was shown 50-200 times during the course of the 2 weeks, that is excessive compared to the Glenn Doman schedule. My baby doesn’t respond to the words after they have already been shown once during the DVD. At first, I thought the video could only hold his attention for the first few minutes, but I think “Toes” comes up in the middle of the DVD, and he all of a sudden grabs his toes after ignoring the DVD for several minutes. I think at age 2.5 you are getting close to the age they would be too old for YBCR, but the maker of the program says you can use it up until age 4. If you do get YBCR I think you should put on an accelerated viewing schedule then Review more at a faster pace. The program has over 200 words I think, so this will help your baby take in more words and get to “language explosion” pace of learning more quickly. Also, the flashcards are SO nice compared to anything you could make.

I love what YBCR can do with baby early education.Hearing all the experience here,make me feel so excited to buy it,unfortunately my country -MALAYSIA did not include in the shipping list :frowning: I feel not comfortable with ebay,and never had used it before. Any other way that I can get my YBCR?Any suggestion? :huh:

I started my LO after around 16 months I believe and after a few vieweings, she was bored or rather distracted by all the fun things to do around the house rather than sit and watch the videos. So after a week or so, I started showing the different videos and didn’t worry about the schedule since, if she wasn’t watching them, it didn’t matter anyway. She watches videos on a small portable dvd player, so we also took it with us in the car when she had no choice but to sit and watch it, lol. Since we started late, I wasn’t pressed about sticking to the schedule and just decided to show them when she showed interest. She still picked up a lot of the words suprisingly. Now, I show them at random so she doesn’t get bored or wait til she seems bored with all the other things to do around the house to show the videos. I know your grandson is a bit older but maybe that will help.