Starting a new Blog-Wordpress or Blogspot?

Okay…I am finally going to take the step to organize all of our EL adventures, curricula, programs, activities, successes and failures! The plan is more of a journal-type thing for us, a place to keep all of the information, pictures, and videos compiled, and keep family and friends overseas more a part of our lives.

I am been considering this for a while, and done a bit of research, but honestly cannot decide what will be more efficient/user friendly. I definitely need low maintenance, and am not setting out to attract loads of viewers, although I am certainly keen to spread the word on EL in general.

I am not opposed to having to pay a bit if this makes things much simpler on me…

So!
Any thoughts, suggestions, tips, recommendations for deciding on a place to call home?

I used to use blogger. But I am not on a laptop much since mine died. I switched over to Wordpress because it is much easier to use from my iPad and smarty phone.

However. I think blogger is more user friendly. It is nice to be all in sync with your google things. If you have google accounts.

Wordpress has a lot more options if you have the know how or want to fiddle with it. Another pro for Wordpress is that I think I was able to get a cleaner look. There may be blogger templates that are clean also. But I love the minimalistic options Wordpress has.
Also if you want to eventually turn your blog into a website address you can do that with wordpress easily for a fee.

Yep I am swinging to wordpress. It’s quite easy, many people know how to help you and they forum has ALL the answers if you get stuck. It really was so easy to set up. In saying that I havnt used any of the competition :smiley:

My blogs are on Blogger.com. I did my domain hosting with GoDaddy. It was pretty easy to set up. I’ve never used Wordpress, but I do know that Blogger is very easy too. You may not be able to customize it as much as wordpress, but it’s very easy to add icons, buttons, and html code into the works. I originally did my hosting through SiteBuildIt, and it had all of these fancy features for sending out e-mail newsletters, hosting e-products for sale, and things like that. But what I really wanted to do was blog, and for that, well, nothing beats free blog hosting! When I switched to blogger, I was able to focus more on writing and less on filling in all of the heading boxes, text boxes, and individual link and html boxes. That was a pain, now that I look back on it!

It’s probably a toss-up on which is better, Blogger or Wordpress. Look at a few blogs in both to get a feel for how they work, and then go with the one that you like the best.

One of my favorites in Wordpress: http://smallnotebook.org/
In Blogger: http://www.1plus1plus1equals1.net/

Either way, I’m excited to see what you come up with, and I look forward to reading your blog. :slight_smile:

I am now with Wordpress. I am starting to get the hang of it. I was with eblogger before but I think wordpress has more features and you can customize things a lot more.

www.smartbabysmartkid.com is now my new domain name. I just wan to connect with pther parents and share my adventures like you.

Thanks everyone for your input!
Now it is just a question of entering it all and putting it together. I have long been grouping our activities and pictures by subject and program, so this shouldn’t be hard to organize, jus finding the time to do it :wink:
Hopefully I can do it bit by bit…TWICE! I have typed out long posts in this forum of all of our curriculi, games, and ‘stuff’, and both times I have somehow timed out? And lost it. :mad: Aaaarrrgggghhh, ever so frustrating and disheartening.
Hopefully, this way I have keep it all together for family and friends around the world :yes:
Thanks everyone for your help!