Stanford program for early MATH

Has anyone used this curriculum? (older kids) I am looking into it and was wondering if anyone has any experience with it. As it is expensive I would like to get more info before kissing my $$$$ good bye :wub:

http://epgy.stanford.edu/courses/math/M0WA/

Your input and opinions are much appreciated.

Gloria

It looks like it is a pretty cool program! :slight_smile:

Looks good and expensive too :slight_smile:

I share the feeling - I just hate to be the guinea pig on this >:(

Still waiting to see if anyone here has used or know anyone who has …

Everyone have a Great Weekend!!

Gloria

This is my first time hearing about this program, but as I was trying to find more information about it I found the site below. It has a number of resources for gifted and talented children…

http://www.state.gov/m/a/os/73113.htm

Thanks a million Patience - will check it out!

Thanks

Gloria

Thanks a lot for this!
:slight_smile:

So when I went to the link, I noticed that your child has to “Students age 6 or younger. If available, a psychologist’s evaluation from any of the following tests: Stanford-Binet, WISC, WPPSI-R, or Woodcock-Johnson.”

I’m wondering if any of you have had your child evaluated and/or taken any of these tests? I’ve recently done a little research and found that some states fully fund gifted students and help pay for courses like these, however, your child has to have been tested. I’ve never really thought about this until this past week. So have you had your child tested? OR will you have your child tested? What are the benefits or negatives to this? How does a parent even go about getting their child evaluated?

I"m not really interested in labeling my child as gifted, however, I would welcome any federal funding that would help supplement his education as you all know these materials get expensive.

Thanks for the info and tip, you are right materials are expensive I would love the $$ support but she is still 4 close to 5 - never been tested and I beleive at this point getting her tested or train her to deal with the test will add S T R E S S - too high of a price to pay for financial help.

Later on for sure, I will consider the testing.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. Much appreciated.

Gloria

Thanks for the information.