spoilt / damaged/ not working

Hi,

I’m confused with these words… Is a machine/ toy/ elevator spoilt, damaged or not working more appropriate?

How is “spoilt” used ?

thks

I use spoilt (or American English version spoiled) for something that has gone bad. Milk/food is spoilt when it is not good to eat anymore.

Spoilt is often used for a child that if given everything they want and acts like a brat.
Intangible things can also be spoilt. A fun day can be spoilt by rain.

As to the machine/toy/elevator… Not working would indicate that they are broken. Broken or broken down, is the word/s I would used. Those things can be broken by someone or they can be broken or rather break down from normal use.
Damaged would mean that something is broken or ruined. But it would not be used as often.

i have to use these words very often when my kid throw tantrum … she will throw things, pushing the chair etc… thats why i’m concern about these words i used … such as … “Don’t damaged the chair” when she pushed the wooden chair upside down. “Don’t damaged the toy car” when she throw her toys around… etc… sometimes i used " don’t spoil the toy"… abit confused here… hope to use the appropriate words

I think there are many words you can use if you want to mix it up.

Don’t ruin/destroy/damage/break that toy.