Speekee says ¡Hola!

Hello everyone,

I am Jim Porter, co founder of Speekee.

Speekee is a Spanish language learning program for young children.

We have had a number of visitors to our website from Brillkids, and I have been recommended this forum on several occasions. It was an email from TeachingMyToddlers- a regular here - which finally got me started.

I hope to learn a lot from you all, and assist with any questions you may have regarding my specialities: Speekee and language learning for young children.

Jim

PS I attach a pic of me with Speekee, from the program!

Hello Jim (& Speakee :wink: ) Glad you made it over, the community here is top notch!

To any members who may not have heard of Speakee yet, our family tried out the program and we just adore it. The music is super catchy and the production was filmed just a couple of hours away from where we used to live in Spain. Watching it reminds me so much of our happy times there! Definitely check it out if you have not done so already.

Your program looks very interesting! I am always on the lookout for good educational materials for teaching Spanish and French to my daughter. Are you considering becoming a Brillkids product partner and offering discount coupons for forum members? I would love to get the whole DVD set.

Yes, good idea aangeles. Let me get that discount arranged and I’ll post the details on the forum.

Hi Jim!
Welcome! Wesley and my daycare children love Speekees, I did a review on your program a few months ago. My Chilean friend just about hit the floor when she heard my 6 year old singing in Spanish

WaterDreamer- You should post a link to your review in this thread for those who have missed it the first time. Your blog is how I first learned about Speekee!

ETA: I found it, here it is… http://forum.brillkids.com/product-discussions-and-reviews/speekee-tv-reviewgiveaway/

Sounds great! Can’t wait to get it! :smiley:

We are doing a free 2 week trial of Speekee TV and my DD (23 months) LOVES it. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in teaching your child Spanish.
I read waterdreamer’s review in April, but I did not understood the concept (It said Speekee TV, and I thought it is Spanish TV chanel lol )
Couple days ago, after reading Speekee’s post I visited his website and right away signed up for free trial of Speekee ( the groundbreaking language learning system for young children).

““The Speekee system features 10 fun and entertaining episodes which are so simple to follow, one after the other. That’s all there is to it! The system your child a ‘total immersion’ Spanish learning experience, with no English spoken at all. This cutting-edge method is the ideal way to learn a language, and your child will start speaking Spanish simply by watching the films. Every episode is packed full of exciting new words, practical phrases and catchy songs – which your child will love repeating back to you.””

The Speekee TV comes with a Curriculum.
The Speekee curriculum is a 40 week plan designed with home schoolers in mind. Every week we’ve suggested 4 activities for you, with corresponding video clips, worksheets and other downloads.
Worksheets
Many of the activities have worksheets associated with them. Sometimes these are referenced explicitly in the activity; other times they are extra activities that you can do if you choose.
Many of the worksheets and downloads are in .pdf format, so you’ll need Adobe Reader.
Plus there are some flashcards to print off.

Or you can get Speekee DVD Box Set which includes:

10 EPISODES ON 3 DVDS; OVER 150 MINUTES OF PURE SPANISH LEARNING
FEATURES SONGS, ANIMATION, PUPPETS, PLUS REAL SPANISH CHILDREN IN REAL SPANISH LOCATIONS
BONUS DVD OF ALL THE SONGS
34-TRACK SONG CD
PARENT GUIDE WITH ACTIVITY IDEAS AND SPANISH-ENGLISH DICTIONARY

Hi,
Do you think the 2 week free trial of Speekee Tv is still available? If it is, could you help me how? I was really excited to try after I read your post but I could not find the way for the 2 week free trial. Maybe I just missed something…
Thanks in advance,
Stodd