Speed Math for Kids

Just got the book “Speed Math For Kids The Fast Fun Way To Do Basic Calculations” by Bill Handley

Did anyone read it? I am at Chapter 5 and REALLY like it so far. He introduces completely different approach to teaching multiplication, not rote memorization. And I feel that this is one of those things I felt I wanted to teach, but was not sure how.

I believe native/organic learning is the most effective and produce better results, when child discovers and figures out things, instead of simply memorizing the facts and this approach intrigued me.

I will share more as I read, but curious if anyone else checked this book before

I have it . I liked it too. My oldest played around with he ideas for quite a while, I think this is how she learnt to look for patterns in her math.

I really love this book. I have used it when doing fun maths classes for older kids and the feedback was always really positive.

I did not read the book but I have seen many good reviews on this book.

Yeah, I like it too. However, I don’t really teach exactly same tricks to him. Actually, my elder brother is a Maths Tutor who had taught me some really awesome ways to add any large number. The trick involved adding from right to left. It appears quite easy to me.