Spanish curriculum please?

Hello everybody
I am new to this forum and I have only just started to teach my 16 month old son to read with LR (lesson 2) . I wanted to teach him in Spanish first as it’s my mother tongue and I speak only Spanish to him, but I have to translate the curriculum first, unless somebody already has done that and want to help me out? Please?
My husband speaks Persian to him and my baby goes to nursery 3 half days a week, so he is exposed to some English. Me and my husband speak Swedish with each other, but nobody speaks Swedish to my ds. I hope we are not confusing the little man!
I also wanted to teach him the English curriculum, and math, but I’m not sure how I will mange to squeeze all that into a day?

Looking forward to learning from all of you experienced parents out there.
Kind regards,
Liesel

Hello Liesel,

I am not sure if anyone has translated the entire curriculum into Spanish. But you can find some LR files in Spanish you can download and import into Little Reader http://forum.brillkids.com/downloads/?cat=64

I do not think you will be confusing your son by exposing him to many different languages at the same time. You could designate specific days of the week to teach the different languages to make your daily schedule feasible. It’s hard to fit in all the early learning lessons during the day so I usually make a list and some days we get through everything and others only some or none at all.

Your son is lucky to have parents who can expose him to so many languages. I am learning Spanish, Mandarin and Hindi as I am teaching him.
Surprisingly he does not mix the languages and when he speaks in one he will identify what language. But mixing the languages is natural and if it happens the child will grow out of it. Before each language lesson I make sure my son knows which language he will be learning about.

I look forward to hearing more about your early learning experiences

Is there a recommended no of languages a child can learn at a go?

I do not think there is a set number recommended. I do remember reading that if you are teaching more than 7 languages there might be a slight speech delay. The earlier a child is exposed to the languages the easier it is for them to learn.

Thank you for your answer Mela Bala. I have seen the Spanish files and downloaded them, but was hoping to find the whole translated curriculum, as it keeps track of how many times the word has been shown etc.
Will keep looking otherwise translate it myself, although being a working mum, time is a scarce resource these days…
Warm regards,
Liesel

You may want to try Tu Bebe Leer on amazon.com.