snorring in babies...is it normal????

SOUND ASLEEP!!!lately, i have learned that issam snores in the night while he sleeps and was wondering if this is normal?do i need to worry? :wacko:
he used and loves sleeping on his belly but after reading that its very dangerous for babies to sleep on their bellies, i often turned him and put him on his back, but then he stared snorring :ohmy: and he sounds like a big man already!
should i really be worried? :confused: :wacko:

If youā€™re a parent of a noisy newborn, itā€™s really nothing that should cause any alarm. Like most parts of their bodies, which are still immature, babies are noisy breathers in general because their nasal passages are still narrow and usual are filled with bubbly secretions. When air passes through these puddles of secretions, a vibratory sound is produced Ć¢ā‚¬ā€œ making us think our baby is ā€œsnoringā€. Baby snoring is basically just a sound produced by the soft tissues as air passes in. As the baby grows older, as well as his nasal passages, and as he learns to swallow excess saliva these vibratory sounds or baby snoring should subside.

More about this
http://ezinearticles.com/?Little-Noisy-Breathers---Baby-Snoring&id=369428

You would want him checked out by his pediatrician if:

* he appears to stop breathing and wakes himself up frequently with his snoring, or continues to snore as he gets older, as this could be a sign of sleep apnea
* If the "snoring" is more of a high-pitched squeak every time he breathes in (possible stridor) or every time he breathes out (possible wheezing)
* If your baby appears to be in distress or breathes very fast when he is snoring
* If he isn't growing well or appears sick in other ways

thanks sheeberi!the information you have given me is really helpful, now i can stop worrying since my son does not fall into any of worrying category.
i would like to give u a Karma as a sign of gratitude!

cheers! :slight_smile:

on another note:can u teach me how did u do that with ur icon, ur twins are lovely.

Thanks for the karma jsmonton! Glad that helps.

With regards to the icon, you need a software to make one but Iā€™m really sorry I honestly I forgot the exact software I used to make that icon 'coz I made that few months ago. But there are bunch of icon maker you can find online, just google ā€œanimation makerā€ or ā€œgif animatorā€ and you will come up huge selections. You can even find free software of it but I remember I used free trial version ā€˜coz I think theyā€™re better. Once you have the software you will get a line how easy it is to make your own, I assure you no special training or knowledge is required :slight_smile: but if you get lilā€™ confused just click help button. Once youā€™re done just save it as gif.

hereā€™s the link that can help u make animated avatar http://www.hpana.com/forums/topic_view.cfm?tid=9714

my baby snores too but the doctor said it is okay and she will grow out of it .By chance she does not then she will need a minor operation but really nothing to worry about.

People seem to snore most on their backs. Put them on their sides and they often stop it. If it continues it can cause lack of good quality sleep and crankiness and may be helped by getting adenoids out.

It surprised me too that my baby was snoring. Glad to read this article, now I am at ease. Thanks to Sheeberi who is so expert in parenting!

Hahahaā€¦ I wish I am, but sadly, Iā€™m not. Well, tryinā€™ to be for my daugthers. Iā€™m just glad I found this website, people here are so helpful. Thanks to all of you esp. to twinergy for all the twin parenting advices. And thank you wintermommy!

Iā€™m worried too about my son because of his snoring.Now, I know that itā€™s normal.
Thanks for sharing your expertise and experiences.