Smart baby Arjun reading at 5 months

So how old was he when he started the various types of flashcards (words, pictures, maths dots, colours)?? How often would you show them? He’s doing very well for 5 and a bit months.

wow,

gREAT,COULD YOU PLEASE TELL IN HOW MANY MONTHS HE STARTED READING ///////

W…A…W… .GREAT ACHIEVEMENT, CHILDREN FUTURE IS IN PARENTS HANDS SO HOWEVER YOU MOULD THEM THEY BECOME THAT,CONGRATZ TO ARJUN’S MOM.

JESSYNAIDU

HYD.

This is awesome! Congratulations to Arjun’s mom.

Thanks seema, nikita, shaman, jessy :)… i will communicate ur appreciation to Arjun…

I started the cards for him when he was 4.5 months. Showed him 15 word cards, till 20 dotcards and around 15 Ek cards. But no colors. i showed every card 3 times daily…

Then after 15 days I quit that and showed him just the LR and LM as it is easy and also multisensory. I appreciate him and hug him before and after sessions. Rest of the day only play and touching trees/plants/going out to meet other kids/beach etc. I do just one session of LR and LM a day and not 2 sessions as prescribed.

Congrats Mirra! Thats great! Your picture cards are lovely…Did you make it yourself?

Dear KL,

I couldn’t send this forum to my friend Sonia using “Send this Topic”.
Would you please send this to her as she would like to know more about Little Reader.
Her email is [REMOVED].

Please don’t post this publicly as I don’t know whether she’ll like to expose her email or not.
I hope you can reply me stating whether you’ve sent this to her or not.

Thanks!

Mable

Dear Mirra,

Congrats to you and Arjun…I love to watch your video…keep up your good work…

Margaret

Conglatulation, it’s so great. My baby is now 5 month and 8 days. I have started teaching her with flash card 8 days ago. However, i see no reply. My baby, like cards but she always tries to catch them and put them into her mouth. I wish in 1 month my baby can do like Arjun does now.

Please write down the schedule, contents and methord that u used to teach your baby.

Hi Fanh,
You can let your child watch Arjun choosing the cards. When my son was 5mth old through he looked at the right answer but he will try to get hold of both cards. So I let him watch a video of a little girl choosing the cards and few days later he knows the game :0 Anyway don’t test too often.

Hope this helps!

hi mirra,

thanks for your information but can u help me with whats LR and LM and also how did you decide which words to pick to show them to Arjun.

My son is 3 months and currently I show him only dots. If you can let me know the above I can start the other cards too.

Kind regards,

Aarti

Dear Aarti,

LR is Little reader and LM is Little Math. LR and LM is a software used to flash picture cards or words or dot cards.

There is a curriculum that comes with LR and LM. The curriculum is for 130 days a semester. The topics covered are like things at home, parts of body, animals, people, action words, - it progresses from teaching words to phrases to sentence/and pictures. there r 2 sessions per day. It is enuf to show one session. the approach is multisensory. Example, in flash words - it is fast flashing of words with voice saying that word. Picture card is fast flashing of cards with voice saying the meaning in picture. In multisensory lesson in every session, there is a word/voice plus picture/voice plus a small video clip of the picture. example cow grazing or bird chirping etc.,

LM curriculum shows dot cards and progresses to teach addition/substraction/multiplication/division etc.,

I plan to start EK cards for him now that I have time for that and a good collection of cards.

I will PM you about topics etc to show. Where do you live? I live in chennai.

Dear FanH, Very nice to hear progress of your daughter. He started holding cards from only 5m13 days. also if i leave the card for little extra seconds he puts it in mouth and tried to chew…

Thanks chloe and Questers…

How do you use Dot cards to teach Arijun? Today i print dot cards from 1 to 10 to my baby. But i don’t know how to begin.

To the picture card, i give the picture card with word below the picture. Is it good. Should i seperate pictures and words into dif cards?

hi mirra,

thanks for your reply. I stay in Mumbai

Kind regards,

Aarti

Dear FanH and Aarthi,

http://forum.brillkids.com/general-discussion-b5/gentle-revolution-and-glenn-doman’s-method/

Please see link above that explains method.

Thank mirra so much. I have read the link you gave. it help me much. I will try to do that way. However, i have fulltime job so it’s quite difficult for me

Congrats Mirra
Its lovely to watch the video :slight_smile: