sleep train

hi,
did anyone of you sleep train your child? My daughter wakes up 5,6 times at night and has to be soothed to sleep. When we do try to let her cry she cries so so hard within a few minutes she is all choking up , throwing up , shaking and then even after we lift her she continues to sob and shake for a long time. Our pediatrician says just let her cry it out alone in a room. Any suggestions? How was the experience of sleep training? Is it normal for babies to cry so hard?

Check out The No Cry Sleep Solution & Healthy Sleep Habits, Healthy Child. Thse two books are kind of on opposite ends of the spectrum but go with what resonates most with you after reading their expert options. But I def recommend them both.

Hi,
I know that this thread is old but if there are any other parents out there with the same problem I have another book to recomend: A good night sleep by Anna Wahlgren. I have done this with my girl who didn’t sleep and she has been sleeping the whole night since, 11,5-12 hour nights. And she Loves her bed and she Loves to sleep.
Its about making the baby feel safe and secure in bed, and safe and secure while sleeping. Nerver lett the baby cry, never lett the baby feel abandond. It takes 4 nights while the parents are awake all night and then an extra six days and then the baby sleeps all night. Its really nice, and gentel way of geting the baby to sleep.

Hope that i can help someone
/bellan