Skype friends to help in a second language - like a virtual playgroup

Hello Everyone! I know this subject was already started, but I saw that it was in 2010.

I’m new here and I’d like to know if there is some kind of virtual playgroups between friends here. Not kid-to-kid on Skype, but adult-kid.

For example: an American mother who doesn’t speak Mandarin and is teaching his child with Little Reader may have a pal in this forum with Mandarin language as mother tongue. They could schedule some fast sessions for reading books, etc. The same American mother could help the mother who helped her or even another one.

Is this happening here?

I would be interested in someone native in English, but other languages could also be interesting for casual sessions and making new friends.

I could be available for Brazilian Portuguese. :biggrin:

Hi Mario - I’m kind of nearby in Panama… This is a really good idea but I couldn’t commit to it right now - I never have enough time to skype my family half the time:-) Hope you hear back from somebody.
Lois

We are in California and speak English and Swedish fluently. Would love to practice our mediocre spanish and beginner Mandarin with anyone. I have a 7yr DS and 3yr DS.

Hello lois1. Actually I’m very far from Panama. I live in the South of Brazil. But we are nearby using Skype :yes:

would love to practice Swedish!

I am from Russia. My son 7 yr is studying English, German and French.

I could offer Russian.

It is something that I have missed in this forum , Skype friends!!! I would like to find English or German native speakers who are interested in talking with a native speaker in the Spanish language. I am very patient with everyone who wants to learn.

Yes, Nuria2012 is very patient. lol. I need all the practice I can get. I found another great site that will connect you with others who are trying to learn languages via video. You talk five minutes in your native language and then five minutes in the other persons native language. It pairs you with people who are trying to learn your language and also know the language you are trying to learn.

www.verbling.com

They even have live Spanish classes for all levels throughout the day. I am not sure if the classes are free or not to participate in, but they are free to watch. hope that helps!

Hello Every One i really like to read this…