Size of letters too small?

Hi

My daughter is 4.5 months old. I began to show her cards with handwritten words, about 2 inches big. She looks quite interested at the cards. Now I read, that this letter size might be too little? Should I rewrite all the cards? (it took me a lot of time :huh: )

Glenn doman recommends 4 inch letters, I think. Some kids can just see better than others, so I can’t say whether you should re-do the cards, but if you make new ones anytime soon I would go with much bigger print. If you do decide to make new ones, you can shelve the old ones and use them later on when she is older and can tell you how well she can see.

What about using word or power point to make your flashcards? I like making mine using strips instead of cards. I make 3 wrods per 11 x 8.5 sheet of paper. I print on cardstock, or if you do not have any card stock paper, then take an ordinary notebook fold the pages like a hotdog and glue the stips on. Sometimes it is the way your present the cards not really the size of the font. However, some children require smaller print then others. My child likes the bigger the better as far handling the cards but as far as the font size he doesn’t seem to care what I use. Try different fonts instead of your handwriting, try dfferent sizes and shapes of the card themselves. I started out with the 5 x8 index cards, and they worked great for both of my boys, just handwriting, but as time went on I realized that I needed something that was easier so I use power point or you can even use openoffice. openoffice is free by going to www.openoffice.org