Site for Infant Curriculum

Here is a great site for infant curriculum and schedule. I plan to start using it with my daughter next week. I’ve found a lot of the suggested poems, songs, etc on line and even some on you tube that have been set to music. I wrote out each poem and song for the weeks lesson on card stock and put them in a binder to keep them organized.

Take a look and please offer suggestions for what you did with your first baby when they were 6 to 12 months. I need all the help I can get.
Thanks

http://www.letteroftheweek.com/nursery_age_0.html

This is what I did; baby massage, music tons of music with clapping or rattles, sensory cards/books, sensory blankets, and nappies (that you can make, I have the patterns if interested) lots of reading books, some TV time, black and white flashcards until 9 months old then bright colored ones, big poster size flashcards, tons of sensory manipulative toys that has textures, different ribbons to run through fingers. I didn’t know about LR then.
I think you have the right idea through the website you mentioned.
Also try this song website www.kididdles.com

What are nappies?

They are what I call a tag cloth with teethers on the end. I take burp cloth or wash cloth and make them. They have folded ribbon around 4 sides with a teether in the corner. All cotton mostly, no flammable materials are used. Sometimes I quilt them as well for sensory nappies and stuff them with cotton batting. All materials are safe for crib use. I recycle old bumper pads, quilts, clothing, pillows, blankets, bibs, etc and make the items. For a baby gift though I use brand new items.
I also make quilted activity mats with recycled pockets, zippers, buttons, etc. Shirt collars work great for learning to button up, blue jean pockets are great to put stuff in, and I use the tops of the blue jeans to make purses, and I take jeans and make skirts for little girls and adult woman. It is part of a church ministry. Remnants of Love Outreach Ministry see below the sites.

Thanks mother of faith. The music site was great. I have been doing all that you suggested except for massage, which is something I plan to start. It was just hard to feel like I was doing anything because I was so unorganized.

Nappies sound great. I’ll look around to see what I can find. My little girl LOVES ribbons. And to have a toy made with ribbons would be a dream come true for her.

I also would like to make a sensory blanket. What fabrics did you include?

Thanks a lot!!!

I wish I had known about this when my son was born, i would have used these methods on him then. He’s now to active to sit and listen to me.

I will be glad to make you a nappie and or a sensory mat. It is like a said our ministry, we are non-profit we survive on doantion see rolom website below. If you are interested in recieving one for FREE PM me and I will reply.

I used everything except those that melt like polyester, or anything with acetate or spandex. I use all natural fiber fill, no polyester stuff for the bedding, toys yes. Cotton, poly and cotton blends, silk, rayon cotton blend, corduroy, flannel, fleece, really anything that doesn’t melt by an iron.
I use old bumper pads, quilts, recieving blankets, clothing, etc. I also use sensory rings, mirrors, brushes, etc embedded in the mats or quilts.
I use denim pockets, zippers, and old cotton button up collar shirt, buttons secured tightly though, ribbons, old lcoth shoes for practie tieing, etc. What ever i have lying around.

The sensory mats has a velcro pocket that hold the toys that goes with the mats.

WOW!!. Thats really awesome. I’m not sure how to PM. But I would love to receive a blanket. Thanks for all your feedback.

PM is a to send a personal message, it is at the left under our names one of the icons.
Email me at remnantsoflove@yahoo.com with your address. Everything remains confidential, if you want on a mailing list to recieve FREE children’s books through out the year as well let me know.
What theme for the blanket? Do you want a sensory blanket (mat) or a quilted quilt?
I am working on Elephants right now.

brilliant find! i looked and looked when we began and never found anything as well organized! i have really appreciated (though it is all activity driven) ‘slow and steady, get me ready’ (don’t have the author in front of me). but it does help focus really early learning and development your baby will achieve.

thanks for site!