Singapore Early Bird K Math A: Text Book AND Work Book? Teachers Guide?

This may seem like a silly question, but for those of you who have use the Early Bird Math, should I buy the TextBook & WorkBook or just one or the other? I was just thinking that if we’re doing all the writing in the workbook, I’m not sure if we’ll really need the text? Do we?

I think there might be a teachers guide too, is it safe to say I can skip that since it’s for a home school and not a classroom environment?

Thanks!

I had been wondering the same thing myself. The materials aren’t exactly cheap and I’d rather not spend money unnecessarily. Hopefully someone has some good advice. :slight_smile:

I would recommend just getting the textbook and skipping the activity book and teacher’s guide. I have both the textbook and activity book. The textbook is not really a "text"book but consists of 10 sets of worksheets covering the following topics:

Unit 1: Match and Sort
Unit 2: Numbers to 5
Unit 3: Numbers to 10
Unit 4: Order
Unit 5: Shapes
Unit 6: Patterns
Unit 7: Length and Size
Unit 8: Weight
Unit 9: Capacity
Unit 10: Compare Sets

Each unit has 20-25 pages of worksheets so there is really no need for a separate activity book. On their website, it says the activity book is for remediation and enrichment, but I found that the textbook already covered each topic very thoroughly - so thoroughly, in fact, that I often find myself skipping a few pages towards the end of each unit so as not to frustrate or bore Ella. Once she “gets” a certain concept, she has a very very low tolerance for repeating material. I think what I’ll do instead is, after we finish the entire textbook, I will just go over the few pages in each unit that we skipped as a sort of review before proceeding to the next book. At the bottom of each page of worksheet, there is a pretty detailed instruction/explanation to the teacher or parent so I don’t think a teacher’s guide is necessary either. I certainly don’t miss it. :smiley:

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Aangles, as usual, you are a gem! Thank you soooo much :slight_smile:

I am leaning towards using math mammoth in a year or two (similar teaching style, Asian & Finish math influences, tailored for a home school environment, more economical, less books to fuss with, etc, there is a great thead comparing the two on the well-trained mind forums) but they don’t have an early bird K program, so we’re going to start out with this and them determine whether or not we will switch after DD finishes K level early bird math.