Sidney Ledson and teaching a toddler psychology???

I know that some mothers on here have Sidney Ledson’s books, and I was wondering if any of the books cover tips on how to teach a child psychology? I know it is part of the curriculum at the institute and is the only one that I can’t wrap my head around to duplicate or substitute.

I understand the theory behind teaching the subject, I just need some help with the how. Any pointers?

I have not read her books. (I only found four titles when I searched on Amazon). Does her work usually explain how they teach at the institute? Do you mean the Institutes for the Achievement of Human Potential? I have looked at their website, but I have never seen where they tell you all the subjects they cover at their school.

I have two of his books. I don’t remember him mentioning anything about teaching a child psychology. But I’ll look again tonight

Sidney Ledson’s Institute is out of Ontario. It is not IAHP founded by Glenn Doman in Pennsylvania. They are seperate ideals, although both promote advanced intelligence in young children.

I don’t have any Sidney Ledson books and so I was unsure of how the books lay out the program. Here is a link to the Sidney Ledson Institute: [urlhttp://www.sidneyledsoninstitute.com/][/url]

Ha! messed that up huh?

http://www.sidneyledsoninstitute.com/

And Thanks, Waterdreamer, that would be awesome!

Thanks for the link. :slight_smile: And for the clarification.

I would be interested to know how you have made a homeschool curriculum based on their methods, if you have the time to share.

Sure, I’ll share. This is still under development, though.

Vocab: I consider LR our first step in this area and then gradual exposure to other new words. Tweedlewink and other programs like that, as well as a lot of reading aloud from mommy will cover it for now.

Memory: I want to create my own memory worksheets that are progressive starting with one picture and moving up til 13 or more.

Determination: Right now, I working on creating my own progressive sudoku puzzles and spot the difference puzzles.

For the Sudoku, I will be using velcro to start as my little guy can’t write his #s just yet.

And for the spot the difference, I am creating 10 that only have one difference, 10 that have 2, etc. until we get to 5. 5 seems to be the easiest to find to print on internet.

For Mazes, we will be working our way through Kumon books as well.

Humor: Just on the fly. Be funny whenever possible and enjoy life. Funny stories, funny cartoons, etc.

Math: We have Jones Genius, Singapore Earlybird, and are working through LM (first).

Grammar: I will eventually be putting together some Montessori materials for this based upon on etsy product I found and I love.

Drawing: Josiah loves to draw. He’s been using pens and crayons for a while now. He has very good control for a 2 yr old. He manages a few decent circles and has begun to try to draw faces. He tries to draw what mommy and daddy draw. We draw for him a lot, and he draws over what we draw filling it in or tracing over it. Kumon also covers drawing later in their workbook series.

Algebra - We will get to this soon enough with JG, but I plan on introducing Alg with powerpoints and then a few simple addition and subt problems as soon as we get to those areas in math. I haven’t yet thought of how Algebra Bingo could work.

A Lot of work in progress, and it will just be added to what we already do. So I won’t stress it all too much. Just make it available, but he loves these types of things.