should get the little reader for 6 months or 1 year

should get the little reader for 6 months or 1 year (my baby is 6months old now)

I think the more important question (which will give you the same answer) should be, “when should I start to teach my baby to read?”.

We recommend 6 months as a good starting point, though many start as early as 3-4 months. Please note that babies are all different and they may respond differently at different ages. Some (probably most) respond the best under 12 months, but some only pick up an interest between 1.5 to 2 years.

Also, to add to the mix, children respond to different methods differently at different ages too! So the long and short of it is that you should just try it and see!

If you haven’t already done so, I recommend you download and read the free ebook on teaching your child to read:

http://www.brillkids.com/ext/e-book.php

I think you should start at 6 months. My daughter is 11 months now and we started ybcr, LR, Lm, and Tweedlewink, and Wink to Learn (CHinese), and Classical Magic, last month. I which we would have started all these programs at 6 months, if i would have known better! :slight_smile: Kim

Yes, it should be more “when to start” question, cause differently from other programs LR really can be used indefinetly…

You can use it with curriculum to start with

Teach your child basic words

Introduce him/her to concepts

Use it for learning languages ( which can be done simultaneously, or you might decide to do it consequetly)

Later you probably would also want to use it for EK of different levels…

So it is more when to start, rather then how long will you use it, as there can not be a definite answer to that…

If you are wondering more along the line whether you would like it or not… then just get a trial version, or read users comments, ask questions…

Hope it helps…

I am sorry, i misread the question. I think it up to you! Personally, I have the lifetime option because of the great deal that is going on now. :biggrin: I hope this helps.

I think lifetime is way to go. Your child could just be catching on to reading after a year and poof you expire.

I would suggest you go for the lifetime plan. Pls do make use of the 40% discount. You definitely will not regret it. :slight_smile:

Lifetime! Especially since it’s on sale!