Shoes for new walkers?

DD is getting pretty close to walking on her own now. Older dd hardly wore shoes until she was about 3. She went barefoot or wore little leather shoes called Robeez. At physio the other day they reccomended that K wear a boot that is a little taller to go over her ankle. They wanted her to wear one that is flexable yet provides some ankle support. I just wondered what everyone’s thoughts were on a first walking shoe for their kids.
TIA

Hey

The Shoe should be soft from iside.
As the child will walk first time with his shoe as such his soft feet needs soft shoe, the shoe should not be thight.

TC.

High-top baby shoes aren’t necessary for ankle support, but if you do choose high-tops, be sure baby can still wiggle his or her ankles or it may be hard for baby to walk very well.

Hi, I agree with seema.

Soft-soled shoes are important for the flexibility that they need. Soft soled shoes are usually lighter and it’s easier for new walkers to wear them around. I would usually buy covered shoes so that their tiny toes get some basic protection in case they should accidentally injure themselves.

I just wanted to share my experience this afternoon with first shoes.

We went to the mall on a quest for Jacob’s first shoes. He has always been barefoot, he won’t even keep socks on. Anyway, we are going on vacation soon and will be at the airport and in a colder weather climate so I figured he would need some shoes to protect his little feet since he is cruising now.

So I wanted to get him some really soft soled prewalking shoes. However, my little jumbo’s feet are too big for any of these shoes. I could order some robeeze but I don’t really have time to wait. I did end up getting some very flexible shoes but he looks like such a big boy in them :frowning: He’s only 11 months old but he’s really the size of a 2 year old!

My thoughts on shoes are let to them go barefoot as long as possible and then when they need them for out and about something as flexible as you can get to imitate bare feet. I don’t think high tops are necessary.

Thanks everyone! :slight_smile: