Shichida 65 Days Programme and issues

Hi all,

Some of you might have seen this post of mine in other forum but would like to share it here.

I think most of us are have the problem of child running away when we start to flash the random cards (red dots) to them.

I am having the same issue too. So, after attending the SM parenting course, this is the message that I get; In SM, we have to do 4 cycles of 65 days program. For child younger than 3 yrs old, you can only follow the 65 days programme up to 58 days as after 58 days, you need the respond from the child but the child is unable to give feedback, so, we can’t proceed from 59 days to 65 days for child below 3 yrs old.

1st and 2nd cycle is to use the Random cards (Red dots cards) and the 3rd and 4th cycles, we can use the variety dots cards. So, some of the parents are also asking what if my child runs away when we flash the random cards? The message that I get is that that’s why they encourage having 4 cycles. The child might miss something in the 1st cycle but she might be able to pick up something on the other cycles.

Other way to attract the child to look at the random cards is that we have to identify what are the things that the child likes. Example, if the child likes to look at apples and oranges, we should flash an apple category of flash cards and then followed by the random cards. With that, we might be able to get them to see more random cards. For me, I personally feel that after the random cards, we can also flash the orange category flash cards because if we stop at the random cards on day 1, then the child might not want to look at random cards on day 2 as they know that there is nothing interesting after the random cards. So, I feel that with the follow up of the orange category cards, the child will look forward to see the orange cards when they are looking at the random cards.

Questions being ask in SM home practice session:

1. What if after seeing 2 random flash cards and my child run away? Should I continue to flash until 10?
  • Yes, please continue to read it out although your child is not looking at it but they might be listening to you and of cause it’s provided that the child is still inside the room. LOL.
  1. Can I insert other interesting picture between random cards?Example, I insert a dog picture between random dot card 2 and random dot card 3 to make him stare at the cards?
  • No, when flashing the random cards, it has to be all 10 random cards being flashed at 1 go. We are not allowed to add in photos or pictures in between.
  1. If my child likes to look at the random cards, Can I use the random cards for 4 cycles?
  • Yes, you can use the Random cards for 4 cycles if the child likes it.
  1. If I am travelling, can I stop teaching my child the 65 day programme?
  • Yes, you can stop for few days but let’s say if you stop for 2 weeks, then you have to start all over again even though you have reached the 50 or 60 days of the programme.
  1. How long should I take a break before I move to the 2nd cycle?
  • You can rest 2 weeks to 1 month before you start the 2nd cycle.
  1. How many times in a day do we need to flash the random cards to the child?
  • Once is enough. But if you have the time and your child likes it, you can do more than once in a day.

A mother asked if her son doesn’t look at the random cards and he is running around. Should I take the cards to chase after him?By doing so, you are forcing the child to see it. This will not be effective as the child is not willing to see it.

That’s all for my sharing now. Hope to hear some ideas and sharings from all.

cheers,
verolpj

Thanks for sharing. I’m sure parents doing the program will find this useful.

can over 4 or 5 year old, use the 65 day shichida math program? what is the prescribed age limit?

HI,

I have checked with Shichida, there is no age limit for the 65 days dots programme.

Even if the child starts Shichida training at 5 years old, he/she can still do the dots programme. The youngest a child can start is 3 months onwards.

Good luck.

regards,
verolpj

From a mom that has always wanted to get a glimpse inside SM and does it with her 4yr old son. I want to say a BIG THANK YOU! I still don’t know if I am doing it right and sometimes it feels like pie in the sky but at least reading your comments, I realize that he is just like all the other kids. Thanks again and any other information you have, I am sure we would all like a glimpse. Personally, I have bought all his books and am working with my son on it every day. If you ever want to exchange material, I have thousands of bits, hundreds of dvds in Spanish and Mandarin. Best of luck to you!!

verolpj, thanks for that info.

Hi

Can someone please tell me what the shichida 65 day programme entails.

Thanks

Ragheeba

Hi Mandy,

It will be good if we can exchange materials. Kindly email me at verolpj@hotmail.com. thanks.

Hi Ragheeba,

65 days programme is a programme that Shichida Method uses for it’s high-speed culculation. This method cultivates the innate right high-speed calculation ability that every child has. It helps improves the intuition and image power by flashing dots cards and mathematics talents for the young children for it activates the ability of processing number in high speed.

As the child stares at the cards being flashed at high-speed, the right brain that functions at high-speed rhythm will respond. The right brain high-speed calculation ability activates the right brain when the arithmetic is being input at high-speed. The brain nerve cells that are working in slow speed, become sensitive to the simulation and begin the chain reaction.

Every child has the right brain calculation ability, we bring out the ability through the dots programme.

Hope that helps.

cheers,
verolpj

Hi Ragheeba,

You can go to the following link: http://forum.brillkids.com/teaching-your-child-math/shichida-65-day-math-programme/ to know most of the things about the 65 days programme. Hope you have fun and enjoy.
:slight_smile:
agnesdecham

Hi all,

This is the link that you will find most of the information about the 65 days shichida programme http://forum.brillkids.com/teaching-your-child-math/shichida-65-day-math-programme/

Have fun and enjoy!
:slight_smile:
agnesdecham