Share you Favorite Apps

Okay, so as I have said in other posts, my kiddo loves the IPad! We must have about 10 pages of different baby/toddler learning apps, both free and paid! We stick to only the ‘educational’ because my daughters IPad time/IPhone time has to be limited…although I refuse to feel Guilty about letting her play in the mornings in our bed while we get in a good 1/2 hour of cuddle time (and Mommy gets a few precious extra minutes of rest! lol ). But as I am sure you EL parents are all very aware of, there just are only so many hours in the day!

We try to have a schedule every day for mealtimes, nap times, computer times (for LR/LM/Reading Bear/youTube videos), as well as 45 min-1 hour of reading before nap and bedtime…The rest varies day to day, although she always watches YCCR or Signing Time during lunch…I do try to have a list of things I want to ‘fit in’ here and there…we have even started doing some apps and LR/LM via Splashtop and the IPad while kiddo is sitting on her little potty or driving to Gymnastics 2 x per week!

How you parents with more than one child do it defies me! I think you are all absolutely AMAZING!

So today I was playing with some of her favorites, and realized that one company makes several of them…I thought I would start of this thread with some of them…please share your favorites and the ages of your kiddos that enjoy them the most! ( it would also me useful to note whether they are free or paid?!)

Almost all of the apps by Duck Duck Moose are WONDERFUL! All vey highly rated, usually cost $1.99, but well worth it…A is two, and while they are recommended for ages 4+, if you are like me this is more of an encouragement!
Some are even better than others:
ParkMath HD is her favorite, with WordWagon HD a close second…Today we bought MusicalMe, and it is fantastic is well…there is even a section that has a follow-along section for teaching patterns with Do-Re-Me!
The graphics are great, and there is a ton of useable material… Fish HD is also great!

She also likes almost all of the Apps by Grasshopper Apps, and if you have not seen their “I Like Books”, this is a must see! Mostly free, simple books with read-along, highlighted words at the bottom…you can choose read by yourself or read to me options, and they seem to have one for just about every interest!

iWriteWords bygdiPlus ($2.99) is also fantastic for teaching her how to write her letters. The first time I tried to show her how to write her name, she told me she already knew how to make the letter A, and came pretty darn close!

She really likes TeachMe Toddlert (24x7 Digital LLC, $0.99) and LOVES TeachMe Kindergarten because she can ‘earn’ money to buy stickers…TeachMe 1st Grade is too advanced and she gets mad because she wants a sticker!

Right now her absolute favorites are both by ABCYa.com! Word Bingo and Junior Bingo! Oh wow! Word Bingo is for sight words,choose a level, clear up to 3rd grade level sight words. You earn these little stylized bugs, but I have yet to meet a kid that didn’t go MENTAL for them! :blink: No idea…but hey, you can’t beat it…the junior version does colors, shapes, and letters, and she loves it nearly as much! These are also $1.99 I think, and rated 4+…right! Thereof a math oneaswell but is too advance for A right now…

So, enough for now…any apps out there that your kiddos love?

Which Splashtop app do you use. It gives more option to choose from :blush: Thanks.

lelask-
Here it is…we are loving it, although when playing the multi sensory video clips I have noticed a tiny bit of lagtime and the occasional hiccup. Remember you still have to have LR/LM on a desktop, plus have a wireless router…but it makes the IPad screen look identical to your desktop.
One other thing that probably should have been self-evident but actually hadn’t occurred to me! I was trying to access A’s LR lesson yesterday and was getting very frustrated because it wasn’t working! Turns out Hubby was equally frustrated because he was working on the computer and couldn’t figure out why it wasn’t responding lol only one user at a time!

Splash top, Inc. Splashtop Remote for Desktop HD. ($4.99)

Sent from my iPad