Shalom - I would like to meet Jewish parents here... anyone?

Hi there,

I been listening to some CDs on Jewish traditions in the family with their children. I would like to meet parents that are Jew to verify what i know from the CD. I would like to personally ask Qs regading the routine and how you raise your kids.

Hope there are someone here to help.

Salam. :slight_smile:

I was curious to know if you are using the Doman method to teach your child/ren Hebrew? As you know, Hebrew and Arabic are both semitic languages. Are you using the Little Reader software? And what are your experiences and success stories with it?

Salam.
Ayesha

Ayesha Nicole,

hi thanks for responding. Are you a Jew?

Sorry i am so new here that i am still figuring out the website, i’m not starting on the Doman software.

Dear Sophia,

Actually, I thought you were Jewish because you were asking, and just unfamiliar with certain traditions. Although I am not of the Jewish faith, I responded because Hebrew and Arabic are both Semitic languages and have common features.

I would suggest that you contact your local Jewish synagogue, while being aware that here are several denominations within Judaism (the Jewish faith): Ultra-Orthodox, Orthodox, Conservative, Reform, Reconstructionist, and a few others. Understanding that there are different denominations will help you, should encounter different views on the same traditions and such.

Good luck.
Happy Learning.
Ayesha

hi ,

thanks for the information. I live in Singapore so i am not sure how many Jewish are there… hmm… i will try…

You are in Singapore? Wow. If you want to e-mail me the questions that you have, then I will ask around for you and let you know what I find out. :slight_smile: Ayesha

Here is some information that may be useful for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_Singapore

• Ayesha

Hi there again Sophia . . . I was searching around the net and found another group that is located in Singapore that are also proponents of Shichida Method and/or Glenn Doman method . . .it would be an additional local resource for you > http://sgparenting.com/ . . . Ayesha

Hi Sophia, I live in Singapore and I have a Jewish friend. He may know other Jewish people. If you would like I can introduce you.

Joan

Hi JOAN,

great, that will be awesome!! pls do… you may email me direct at sophiaevangel@gmail.com

how did you know your jewish fren? I wrote in to the jewish community, hoping that they will get back to me, but i guess it can be tough…