Same DVD different language

As some of you already know, we are teaching our daughter different languages. We have had issues getting good materials is German. My daughter has been watching Muzzy for a few months now and even though she still watches it I would like to start showing her something different. Little Pim released their series in German, but my daughter has been watching Little Pim Mandarin for few months too. Since as most of us try to maximize our $$ due to the cost of all the educational materials, I don;t want to buy it and then she doesn;t enjoy it. I would like to get input from people that may have show the same DVD in different language. I’m affraid that she may get bored with the German Little Pim since there are the exact same Mandarin ones, but in different language. :confused: Anyone?

My question is the same. I have Little PIM Geman which she likes and I am considering getting Little PIM Spanish, but am also concerned about her getting bored. I have heard that Netflix has Little PIM Spanish - that may be a good way to try it without making the investment to purchase.

I actually have little pim in several languages and my little one asks for all of them at different times. I am planning on purchasing the german and russian version of little pim, but for now I have material that I am teaching him in those languages so I will focus on those first then move on to little pim when we have learned all the material.

I had similar worries when I started getting more and more little pim in different languages, but when my son enjoys something he will watch it, so it never stayed an issue. When we are watching a particular one, for know which one I was going to play. Because I use sign to connect the different languages I also would sit and watch the videos with him and sign as much as I could throughout the video. Now that he has been watching them for a little while he will watch it with my older children and they will repeat and/or sign what they hear and it never fails that he always has to ask for either an apple, banana, water, or milk whenever he watches it lol

He has been exposed to all of the languages that I purchased, so he knows what he wants to watch and in what language when I ask him. Hope this helps and take care!!!

Yes, Netflix has spanish, french, and mandarin.

patience,

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is good to hear it from someone that has actually done it. Could you please share what other materials in German you have found?

We have LP in 3 languages. I purchased the Chinese set when my daughter was 7 months and the Japanese and French ones when she was 1.
For a few months I used to alternate them: monday chinese 1, tuesday japanese 2, wednesday french 3 etc…
She was never bored.
We’ve just reduced our dvd watching recently to about 20mn every other day, and as i have other dvds, she watches little pim no more than once a week but still enjoys them very much.
It also makes sense for them to see the same images associated to different languages, in my opinion it’s even more powerful.

Joha,

No problem regarding the feedback and hopefully you found it useful :slight_smile: I mentioned the german material that I have in the site below. Martina was in the process of adding voice to the first cd on her site which is also mentioned in the link below. My son and I like the presentations and she set it up so that once payment is made you will be sent a link where you can download the files. I believe they will be working on the second cd soon or already are working on it, but I will get that when it is ready as well cause it is really good material and has voice which I definitely need. Hope this helps and if you want her info to inquire about the cd let me know!!

http://forum.brillkids.com/teaching-your-child-signing-speaking-foreign-languages/teaching-german/15/

Just wanted to give a little update. I ended ordering LP in German and my daughter couldn’t care less for it :frowning: She may watch it for 5 minutes and that is it. So it looks like it definetly depends on your baby if the same DVD will work in different languages.

Don;t give up on it :slight_smile: My son does that for videos once in a while, but if I put it wasy for a week or two, even a month, then the next time I show it, sometimes he will change his mind and LOVE it. LOL Best of luck

Thanks waterdreamer! I’ll definetly try again. Right now, I’m not showing her LP in any language. I’m going to wait maybe a month and introduce the ones in German.