Right handed or Left handed

I have some questions on this subject. First, at what age do you normally would define a person as right handed or left handed, maybe when he starts to write (not just coloring at an early age).
Is there any problems associate with being left handed beside the fact that sometime you will not find equipment requierd (eg scissors) or have issues with handling thing in a right handed world?
About my personal experience i can tell that when 5 years old at kindergarte i wrote with both hands and it did not show when i change from one to another. The teacher put the pencil in the right hand and after a while i was writting with my left hand. Now I write with my right hand but eat with left hand. so I am ambidexter.
Who kknows, maybe my handwritting would be better if I had not been bother or force to go to the right hand at school.
I am posting a POLL to see how many left or right handed are here.
Any comments?

I had an Aunty who was forced to change to right hand because back then that was you did. She still does many things as a LH but writes with right. She has very immature writing.

My son was right handed from a really young age. My husbands a drummer and my son has had his own sticks since birth. If you gave him a stick in his left hand he’d pass it to his right hand if you then put a second stick into his left hand he’d throw away the one in his right and then pass the new one to his right.

Now he’s 26 months and in the last three or so weeks he has become really ambi. If he has something in his right hand he will simply do whatever needs to be done with his left hand or vice versa. It’s kind of weird because I thought he was now supposed to be showing handedness but he always has and now he isn’t.

I am right handed, I have a right handed sister and left handed sister. My dad is right handed and his sister is left handed.

Do you think it is something that runs in the family? Do you inherit it or maybe if you see someone using more his left hand then you give it a try?.
In my case i feel very comfortable eating with my left hand and can not imagine holding a fork with my right hand.

I believe they have found a gene that makes it possible to be left handed

check out this site it might have some answers for you, only just found it myself so don’t know how good it is.http://www.lefthandersday.com :wink: