Right Brain activities for 20 months old

I’ve been reading on this board for a long time now and still feeling clueless. My daughter is 20 months and is little slow on speech. (uses around 20 words so far.) She wasn’t saying anything at 16 months and I started her on YBCR. I am fairly pleased with the result. I also started her on sparkability recently and she also loves it. (seems like it better over YBCR) We read few books a day and do flash cards from time to time. She is VERY active. We are a bilingual house hold.

I love to add more right brain activities and improve her speech. What would you suggest?

Tweedlewink DVDs… Shichida clases, if you happen to live near one Shichida school.

Thanks alot for your reply. I don’t live near Shichida school although I wish I do. I tried tweedlewink demo with DD and she is not interested. :frowning:

What is the other language in your bilingual household? If it is Chinese, you can try showing her LR Chinese or Wink to Learn Chinese. Both are mainly right brain methods. My daughter also did not like Tweedlewink when I first started showing it to her. I got the idea of putting it on when she is nursing and relaxed and she eventually got used to it. We are now almost done with all 10 volumes and she has learned a lot! :smiley:

We use LR and I think that helped a lot with the speech ability of my daughter. I teach my D english as a second language but I wouldn’t say we are a bilingual household. It is becouse you are a real bilingual family it takes longer for your D to speak.
I think we didn’t like he TW DVD’s at first and if she could choose she would choose Sparkabilities over TW as well lol .
As for the activities we do a lot of flashing inspired by TW/Doman and physical activities inspired by the Sparkabilities videos/Doman and ASL.
Have you read any early learning blogs? Try to read ShenLi’s blog http://www.figur8.net/resources/right-brain/.

Dear aangeles.
what was your schedule of showing the Tweedle wink lesson??
thanks
Ru’a

Hi Ru’a

I show her one lesson each night for 3 consecutive nights just before bedtime when she is most relaxed and almost sleepy. Theoretically, this should be the time her right brain is most receptive. I tried showing her the lessons during the day but she is too active - she doesn’t sit still for more than a few minutes at a time! Once we are through with all 12 volumes, I plan to start Wink. :slight_smile:

Hi, ShenLi has the most fabulous blog which focuses on Right Brain Education. She provides literally hundreds of hours of wonderful right brain activities which you would be able to do with you baby.

you can find the site at www.figur8.net

Best of luck!