Retained Down the Road (7+ yrs later)

I plan to do use a modified Doman with my babies from early infancy and on. I am just wondering, if someone were to do this regularly and properly, with their child and make the transitions from dots to numerals and from words to sentences, then paragraphs, etc. With their child and then just continue to keep their home so that it inspires learning and reading on a regular basis, does the learning really stick?

Can I realistically expect my child to know how to read well after their last flash card has been learned?

I dont mind my child not retaining the quantity thing, where they can look and instantly recognize the number of objects, so long as they have the ability to do arithmetic down well.

I’m more than willing to put in the work needed to successfully do Doman and maintain it through out toddlerhood but I am curious as to how many middleschoolers did this method and how they benefitted.

Mom2Bee,
I would also love to hear from others using this method especially if after many years they maintain an interest in reading. Nevertheless not all babies o r kids are the same and it is worth a try.
Learning to read earlier will open a whole new world to them.

I found one blog, http://www.domaninspiredparenting.blogspot.com/ that shows the progress of a now 3 year old who was a Doman Baby. Check it out.

MomBee,
That is a vey interesting Blog, I will have to read in the weekend and I will mark it to see the updates since my grandson is only 6 month older (3.5 yrs old).
Thanks