Resources for Encyclopedic Knowledge

Dear All,

I just had an idea of where to get pictures/resources for Bits cards. Many people have books (adults/childrens) that the are “recycling” / offering for free with http://www.freecycle.org/ . Check it in out your area.

Alernatively, you can go to yard sales, consignment shops, etc.

Ayesha

Yes! That’s a great resource. We have freecycle in our area and the people are very generous. And you can give away those things that are making a mess in your house. :laugh:

Another fantastic resource is your local library’s booksales. I just attended mine and, although not free, they are nearly so. Children’s books were 25 cents and adult books $1. The quality of material is wonderful and browsing thru their categories sparks ideas you may not have thought of.

I’ve had good luck finding kid’s books at church garage sales. They are usually less than 50 cents per book. Also, you can find people selling big boxes of books on ebay. When you buy them in bulk it is pretty cheap, but you won’t get to look through each book and pick the titles you like.

www.theclassicalmommy.com has encyclopaedic knowledge info uploaded by different subscribers. I op shop (at 2nd hand shops) and buy old national geographic and australian geographic magazines. They have nice wall posters too.