Removable Wall Stickers & Maths

I just saw an advertisement in a magazine for decorative removable wall stickers and it prompted me to google removable wall stickers of dots. Until now I never knew that there is a whole world out there of very colourful dots and similarly simple “icons” for walls. At a quick look the dots would not be cheap, about $1 each.

If you have used removable wall stickers could you please provide details of your experience with them by answering my questions below.

How “removable” are removable wall stickers. Would they survive being taken off the wall very regularly, say two or three times a week for a year?

Do wall stickers hold their shape after being prised off a wall?

Did you use (or are you currently using) removable wall stickers with your math program?

Would a toddler be capable of helping put the stickers on the wall?

Did you (or do you currently) and your child enjoy playing math with removable wall stickers? What images did (do) you use?

I can’t wait to learn if anyone is using them for math already! :wub: (The pumpkins are so sweet.)

Thank you,

Mum.

In my experience certain walls that are textured do not hold the removable stickers well. Some took the drywall off of my wall, others were okay. Depends upon if they are really removable or just removable stickers. I also tried some that were static cling type. I found that the kids just took them off and then wadded them up and ofcourse the ones i had didn’t do well. Also if you place them in the sun they fade, well mine did, and they stick together if placed ontop of each other in the sun. We have now resorted to a pices of paper the size of nearly the wall using the picture removable tape to hang the paper, then I use velcro pieces on the wall. Mine loves the velcro sound. We us eit ofr our courteous wall. Our doctors office also has tons of them and you see them fading, peeling, and falling off, and they are used a lot. Hair gets stuck on the if you have carpet.

I have wall stickers in my son’s room. If I try to remove them, they remove the latex paint that’s on is wall. He had a bunch around his crib. One day I went in his room and he had peeled all of them off, along with the paint. There was like a 2 foot section of paint missing.

Wow! :ohmy:

Thank you mother of faith and nhockaday. After reading about your experiences I will put “removable” wall stickers in the “too good to be true” category.

Mother of faith, when you have a spare moment could you please explain the following in more detail as I am not able to picture it.

Thank you,

Mum.

I have a similar photo of the one we use in our kitchen but we didn’t use an paper for the background. http://forum.brillkids.com/homeschooling/our-homeschool/

I take poster paper that you can buy by the roll and use the picture hanging tape or strips to hang the paper. the strips come off real easy with out hurting the wall but be careful anyway with unpainted drywall or some wallpaper. I cut out, laminate or paint with decopage the items i want to remove, i place a piece of velcro on the paper background, where i need it and place the other part of the velcro on the cut out piece, i print on cardstock for my cut outs. the kids love removing the cut outs. you can make the background also by using a colored photo using a poster maker program to make and print ouit a life sized poster. in the future i plan on printing out life size of our family. now i am working on the Cars theme.

Also if you are interested in making a felt wall we are in the process of making one for my sons room. I will use my cut outs then use velcro or glue felt to the back to be able to use the felt wall.