relocating to Central or South America

Hi, :slight_smile:

My family and I are always looking for ideal locations to relocate to at some point in the near future. We haven’t heard too much about Equador or Uruguay yet. But we would love to learn more about them! If you are from there or know much about them we hope you’ll share your expreience! And if you are from Central or South America and think another country has a lot to offer, please do share! We are very appreciative of all your help! Thanks in advance!!!

Sincerely,
Autumn and family :wink:

meant Ecuador LOL! :laugh:

What are you looking for in your relocation?

I’ve been to Chile and loved it. I think Chile is the only country on earth with both desert and icebergs!

Hi KL,

My husband has been there too and says nice things about it.

For starters

A few things that would be ideal is a place that is thriving, safe, peaceful, affordable and hospitable with sunny calm weather year round where we can grow our organic foods and eat fish and seafood daily with inexpensive land on the coast to build on. :slight_smile:

There are many many factors to weigh too! :wink:

We do recieve the International Living Magazine, it’s a descent resource.

Regards,
Autumn

sounds like heaven :wink: I love the fact that in other countries except the US you can find affordable teachers for your kids. At least in India you can find teachers to come to your home to teach your child math, science, music, or send them to local classes. in the states, teachers or specialized courses are way too expensive. I guess this is a factor to consider.

I’ve heard thailand is a great place from someone…although, i have not been there.

Autumn, that is too nice that you guys can settle in various places. what type of profession are you or your spouse is in? \

Hi,

My husband is an Independent Flight Instructor who gets his business from his website. He also has many business ideas and modules and partners that will help assist with other business plans. He is great at coming up with business ideas and making websites too. I on the other hand don’t make a dime, but I love teaching the Doman method immensely. And hope someday to pursue Doman’s teachings in someway or another. That would just be awesome!!! We have never made a ton of money. We believe life is way too short to not invest all our time into our kids! Just work when you need to. Less is best if our eyes. We are not rich with money, we are rich with love! Our true happiness only comes from this family…nothing more, nothing less. :wink:

That is incredible to know! We always liked the idea of having teachers come to our home and teach our kids various subjects when they’re older, especially. After all, I don’t know much about teaching the left brain yet. He!He!
Thank you Ariel.

We have never looked into India or Thailand. But I do know it’s one of the BRIC countries and is stable. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Autumn

Hey Autumn,

One of my dear friends from Belize just moved to Panama yesterday. She is a homeschooling mom of 4 kids. Her husband can work from anywhere and they are moving to the mountains. It is called Bouquette. They are really excited about it. I will keep you posted.

Hi Krista,

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I have learned a thing or two about Panama. It’s a popular country in the International Living Magazine and through others’ blogs. It sounds like a place we might consider vacationing, but idealy for us it is just much too crowded, over priced and americanized to call home. But many others say they love it! Hope your new friends have a safe move and enjoy it as much as others do! Please keep us posted.

I’ll talk to you soon! :wink:

Autumn