recycling plastic baby wipe containers

Here are some tips from http://www.ehow.com/how_4521858_reuse-empty-baby-wipe-containers.html for recycling your plastic baby wipe containers. I normally just buy refills, but some people don’t.

Store and protect photos or organize recipes

Use as an extra large pencil or crayon box

Store small toys such as blocks, small dolls, play jewelry, etc.

Make super size ice cubes that will last much longer in coolers

Pop off the top and use as sand molds to make castles at the beach

Use to hold first aid or other emergency items in the car

Have older kids decorate with markers, stickers or paint and make their own treasure chests

For girls, use to hold hair accessories such as barrettes, ponytail elastics and hair bands

Collect several and use as lightweight stacking blocks for toddlers

Store easy-to-lose items in the garage such as nails, bolts or small tools

Use as a mini file cabinet for receipts, check stubs or invoices

Hold and organize coupons; add a pair of scissors and a few paper clips to make a “coupon kit”

Or simply buy one plastic wipe container to begin with, then the next time you need wipes, buy the refill. That’s what I do. So I dont have to worry about recycling. I just did the earth a favor. :slight_smile:

Refills are great.

That’s what I do, BUT, the huge box of refills always comes with a plastic container, so, I, too, have empty plastic boxes. I’ve got three just sitting there now. I plan on making removable labels that I can clip to the sides so we can play sorting games with my son’s smaller toys. In fact, I was going to bring them outside tomorrow and we can collect “stones”, “leaves” and “sticks”…he LOVES picking these things up anyway…