reading light

do your kids use reading light? which brand is good?

My kid isn’t reading yet.
But the best reading light I’ve found about is the full spectrum light.
We’ve been using such a light bulb in the room where we read, watch the TV, the laptop etc for over two months now. It’s calming for the eyes. It resembles the sun light. So if you have a darker room, like the one we do, when going outside in the bright sunlight, doesn’t hurt your eyes. Also, I can sit for hours in front of the laptop, or I can read a book without hurting my eyes.

I’m not sure this helps you. You can find more about this kind of light on the net. I’m not sure it’s the best or healthies thing on the market, these days. But at least it’s better that the usual electric bulbs we had so far in our home.

Also, because the eyes are very important, I would take care about the moment when the child reads. Not immediately after a meal, and not when he or she is very tired - it will hurt both the vision and the eyes. But if it’s needed in those cases, you might want to try some pinhole glasses. One pair of pinhole glasses is enough for the whole family. Even my 2 yr old boy likes them. And my husband uses them when coming home and working at the laptop after 12 hours of work. It helps relax the eye muscles.

i finally settled for 3m polarising task light… i hope it is okay.

I’ve never heard of this and searching on the net, the description sounds interesting. Please let us now how it is, in time :slight_smile: