reading first words

Just had to post somewhere, and here seemed most appropriate:

MY SON IS READING HIS FIRST WORDS OUT LOUD!!!

I’m so excited! He is only seven months old, and said Mama for the first time about 3 weeks ago, and Dada at the beginning of this week, and yesterday he read Tiger!! (Well, okay, he said ‘deegar’ but he knew what it meant and has been waving a plastic tiger and saying it all afternoon! We tried to correct him, and now he just sits staring at the tiger saying ‘t,t,t,t,t,t,t’ but when he sees the word he distinctly says ‘deegar’!

Thank you so much! This program is invaluable, I recommend it to everyone!
lol

Congrats Katiejo !! :slight_smile: Typical boy isn’t it for his first word to be tiger :wink: (after mom and dad) :laugh:

Thanks, it was obviously going to be tiger or wolf, as these are the two flash cards he has found exciting and responded to from the first time he saw them.
He also loves his plastic T-rex, maybe we need a dinosaur set… :wink:

I was thinking of doing one, but it’s hard to find good quality pictures. And then there’s the issue of pronunciations----some of those are big words–I want to say them right! lol

Maybe I will make it since I know there is a demand!

yeah, they are really tough words, it was mostly just a little joke.
T-rex is pretty universal, as is raptor. Other than that me might be getting a little too technical… lol

Iris - Thanks for sharing that! So glad your daughter is enjoying Little Reader!

Katiejo - AWESOME!!! Wow, that’s very early!! I’m so glad (and proud, naturally!) that Little Reader played a part in helping your son read! If you ever have any videos of him doing it, make sure you send it to us so we can put it on the videos page!!

KL

yeah, I would love too, but I’m not very technical.
I’ll ask my husband if there is a way of making our video tapes work on the laptop

Katiejo-- I uploaded a dinosaur category for you. I hope your son approves :biggrin:

http://forum.brillkids.com/downloads/?sa=view;id=694

Thank you! ets up fThat was fast! I’ll let you know how it goes when he gets up from his nap lol

Dinosaurs are very tricky, but he has added several new words to his vocabulary, including saying ‘cla’ and clapping his hands when he sees the word ‘clap’ or ‘clapping’

Sounds like your little one is doing well and is talking early. She’ll be learning to read as she learns to talk. My daughter has recently turned one and can say a few words though she tends just to say the start of the word, but we do understand her. Today she read her first word out loud - it was “dog” - she says “doh” for dog though, but she knew she was right cause she clapped her hands together and said it a few times while smiling. It was so cute. We have been showing her the words for close on two weeks and this is the first time she has shown any response related to the words.