Reading Eggs free until Aug15th.

Hi

Reading Eggs will launch the United States version of Reading Eggs this August!

The US version will include all the great content of the original site but in an American accent OR you can choose to continue with the Australian accent version.

I got an email from Reading Eggs that I can share with family and friends. I consider you all my friends so am sharing the following information.

Have fun reading.

"Below is a friends and family access code which will allow new members who signup to access the Reading Eggs website until August 15, 2010 absolutely FREE! Please help us in spreading this fantastic news and provide your friends with the opportunity to experience the wonderful and educational world that is Reading Eggs!

Simply forward this email to your friends and family so they too can begin the Reading Eggs journey.
To access your FREE time on ABC Reading Eggs, simply sign up by clicking on the Register button located on the top orange bar at www.readingeggs.com. Then add the code: WQL35XKU in the required field, it’s that simple!"

Heath, you’re fantastic, thank you!
your friend,
Sarah :slight_smile:

Wow! This is great! Karma for my friend!

WOW thanks for sharing! I signed up as soon as I read this. When my son is done with his tutoring today I’m going to get him to come and try it out!
Thanks again and karma to you!!

Ok so we tried this one out and WOW! Its amazing. My son loved it. My only complaint is that when doing the placement test my son found the sound for the wrong answers more enteraining then the correct so we made it to 14/30 correct till he slipped and push the wrong but and realized what happened when you were wrong and hit 3 wrong on purpose. But overall it seems wonderful, I think we will use it full time till the 15th and who knows maybe purchase a subscription if it still interests him

This seems really good but despite putting in the code it says i have 3days to buy it. I can’t see any mention of Aug 15th x

the email told me I have 3 days to buy it on special

I am in UK and think that may be the problem x

Has anybody been using this and got the books?

Didn’t work for me either…

Weird my son got to take a placement test and we have done two full levels plus read two books

Thanks for sharing! I am still waiting on the confirmation email…I’ll let you know what happens after I get it.

Mine says it expires 9/3. Yes, the email says you have 3 days to buy it, but if you look on your account, it tells you the exp date.

Everything is available. Maybe contact the support line?

Thanks, Heath! I just registered, mine also expires 9/3.

I just can’t compliment enough how good this site it. I only had to site with my son for 2 lessons to help him step by step, now he can do it on his own. Obviously I stay in the same room so I can supervise just incase I can tell he’s having trouble with a concept. But its nice, he does learning time at the kitchen table on my lap top while I wash dinner dishes. Plus it supporting all the stuff I’m teaching him through Hooked on Phonics. The more and more we work on it the more I think were going to have to purchase a subscription come August. LOL another thing to buy lol.

Thanks for the info! I didn´t get access inmediately but over night I somehow finally got access to ALL the lessons. I have spotted however that the access expires for the first child on 09/03 (as reported by others) for the second child however end of this month (I think the date is 05/25). I added a new child today but the expiry date still showed the end of this month (05/28).

Did this happen to others as well?
ISA

That’s funny! We have been doing Readingeggs since January (My son is 4.5 yrs old now) and I have had the same problem a few times. Especially with the ninja who climbs a fire escape REALLY SLOWLY when you get the right answer, and then races down SCREAMING when you get the wrong answer. After my son had done it twice, I told him he could get the wrong answer only when he had done one or two correct answers, not near the top, as it is so painfully slow to start from zero again! I wrote the Readingeggs feedback on site to tell them this. That they need to make the wrong answer “feedback” to the kids WAYYY more boring than the correct answer rewards. Even still, my son will often point to the correct answer, then say out loud “I wonder what happens when I press the wrong answer?” and try it out. It helps me to take it less personally when he seems to purposefully do something wrong or against my instructions in daily life! lol! I figure it must be the same thing. He knows the rewards for the correct behaviour and is just dying to see what will happen if he does the wrong thing. “what will mommy DO?”

Anyways, we have been doing the Australian version (we are in Canada) for five months now and my son still loves it and requests to do more… we are on map five, having finished 44 lessons so far. The major problem I am having is with flash animations, ie when one must click on a letter that moves all over, or push a fish or a cloud with a word or letter across the screen. Often on our mac it is very hard, and doesn’t seem to recognize our clicking or dragging, and I have to send him to do something else for a few minutes, as I try to do that part of the lesson myself. Even at over 40 yrs old, I find that frustrating enough to pull my hair out, so imagine being four. It works best I imagine, on a pc and the latest version of flash.

But all in all, we love it and my son has learned sooo much.

@littlepinkangel

I’m in the UK and have access to the site. Got an email from them saying they are due to launch a UK version too. They’ve supplied another friends and family code - if you haven’t had any luck yet perhaps you can try this one: ZAZ39CZX

Hi all, thanks for sharing about the ABC Reading Eggs. Just signed up for the free trial, and its fantastic! But I seem to be able to only access Map 1, Lesson 1. Are you able to access more lessons beyond that? Thanks!

It depends. Some people can access it others can. I’m not sure what the issue is. We are using the free trial and we are just about finished Map4