Reading eggs 1yr subscription on sale @ zulilly

Check it out.
http://www.zulily.com

I have not used it but other here have said good things. I wish thye were not a year subscription though.

Does anyone know if a 14 month old (12 months adjusted for prematurity) would be too young for reading eggs? You have to start the subscription by July I think and it goes for 1 year. That would make her 17 to 29 months (adjusted) during the subscription. Has anyone tried it with a child this young or are there better ways out there?

I tried to find this and it says it has finished already? Quite disappointed. My daughter with special needs LOVES reading eggs so if it was a good price I would have bought the year.

Corrine, have you tried Starfall (and more starfall) or Reading Bear? I personally think both of those would be better for a young child. My son did Reading Eggs around 3 years (because that is when we found out about it) and completed the site in a few months. For him this was a good age. My daughter did some (we only had a few week trial) around 2 1/2 years or so and also loved it.

Jenene,
Try it again. After reading your post I went to the site and purchased my copy (5:38 Central tiem)

Ok. I found it but it says
Downloadable products are not currently supported for international orders.
Guess that is why it didn’t come up for me. Pity.

Yes 14 months would be much too young I beleive. Reading eggs is heavy on mouse control. I know you can do it with the child… But I think it is not a great ELing program.
I liked it for older children and remedial children.
I tried it with James when he was 2 and our issue was that he placed quite far into the program but had no mouse skills. Also the program moved too slowly for him.

Thanks for all the replies!. I will check out starfall and reading bear. The thing is, I thought she was too young for those! Yet, here I am trying to buy other software/subscriptions.

Not at all too young for starfall or rising bear. I started some kids on starfall when they were a year old. They knew all their letter sounds within months.
Move onto reading bear right after starfall.

Jensen I get discount offers from reading ages all the time, in fact you can google codes for it! Sign up for their emails and you will get them too. If you do a free trial ( I have codes for that if you can’t get one for nothing) then hold out for 6 weeks that will offer you a good discount :slight_smile:

Thanks. We’ve done many a free trial (and I’m a bit sick of signing up for new email addresses just to get another free trail :biggrin: ). I just struggle to buy a subscription for my daughter when I know that she would use it for more than 12 month and than we will just have to buy another and another… I did try buying their CD roms which are supposed to include all the activities from the website so that it was just a one off purchase that we could keep and use as long as we needed but I was SO disappointed in them. Nothing like the website.

I have seen some deals though never this cheap ($30 for 12 months).