Reading Bear developments

Thank-you so much for all the hard work you have put in (and all others involved). It is looking great! The quiz is a great reinforcement tool. I agree that sound it out slowly should be phased out at some point. Don’t have any ideas yet as we haven’t got that far so will still be using it. I am really excited at the prospect that this could develop into an encyclopedic knowledge tool as well! (my son loves your videos) There just isn’t really anything out there that offers clear explanations on various subjects for young children. I know that young children are capable of understanding so much when given the opportunity to have subjects presented in a clear and logical way.

Dad dude do you recommend using the program with google chrome . i use firefox as a browser .
viv

Hi dad dude, I have just showed it to my baby it she really likes it. The sites looks great. Karma for your hard work.

Hi Viv, the site will work the same in all browsers…in a few days. At the present moment, unless they’ve fixed things, the site looks weird in IE and Firefox. The site as viewed in Chrome, too, will get some design changes. Obviously, we won’t be able to launch until next week…

Thanks for the feedback, NBailey and lelask! I’m excited about putting presentations that are similar to my videos into Reading Bear form. But this will take time (we need to finish all ~50 presentations for the reading tutorial first).

Hi Larry,

I can’t play reading bear on FireFox. I guess it’s still undergo some fixing? It looks wierd on IE too but I still manage to show the lessons to my son.
He does not like the “Sound it out slowly” part that much. I guess he’s one of those kids who’s used to quick flashing. I skipped that part and started with “Sound It Out Quickly”. :slight_smile:

I have passed the URL of readig bear to friends in my local online community. I am sure that woul create a heavy traffic on reading bear site. :slight_smile:

Still can’t thank you enough for this teaching tool!

Cheers,

Elle

The problem as it turns out is with cacheing! You have to clear your cache, and then it will look OK.

To clear your cache in IE, go to Tools > Delete Browsing History > check Temporary Internet Files (and nothing else) > Delete.

To clear your cache in Firefox, go to Tools > check Cache (and nothing else) > Clear Now.

Please don’t pass out the Reading Bear URL yet! It will live at http://readingbear.org! The busedge.com site is the “bleeding edge” development site.

I have firefox and it has been working fine. :slight_smile:

Oh okay. Will do. :slight_smile:

The first of the video versions of Reading Bear presentations:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqXBcQFgh3Q

lol Hi lappy thanks for this site .I registered to try it with my grandson hope it gives him a pump as he is non verbal but I know he is understanding as when I ask him to touch his nose or point he is doing them .cheers and may God bless you.