reactions to flashcards?

Hi everyone,
i am confused now.
i have started showing flashcards to my 4 month-old baby but she seems not interested. she would look at the cards but would not show any excitement or joy. i’m thinking about putting the cards away for a while. one of the reason why she’s not interested i guess is because i printed words in smaller size than Doman recommended.
sitll i want to ask, Can we go flexible with size of letters and cards this age? can i print words in different size? and how long should i postpone teaching her?

One more thing, at 3 months i used LR with her and she didn’t show interest much so i stopped using the free trial and went making paper-cards. Now she’s 4 months, could i try LR again?

thanks

Hi! Sometimes it is just a matter of flashing the cards a bit faster to keep her interest. Other times it could be the size of the font. I would guess that if it was the size of the font, she would just look away. My daughter often just watched the cards with no expression on her face, but after continuing anyway, she demonstrated that she was learning the info!

Maybe just try flashing the cards more quickly, and speaking with a very excited tone of voice. Also, she may be more interested in LR by now. You almost can’t go wrong with LR (my opinion :wink: ) !!! It is a great program, and there are so many ways to change it to your child’s interests.

4 months is a great age to start! Don’t give up!! Welcome to the early learning journey–it’s a lot of fun for parents and children. lol